Omnia Stovetop Ovens - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-01-2017, 07:03 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Ginger
Trailer: Oliver
Texas
Omnia Stovetop Ovens

Because many of the fiberglass campers do not have ovens, I have discovered this oven and it works very well. I like it so much that I have two. I use one at home because for many things, it's faster and easier to use than the oven in my kitchen.(and it doesn't heat up the house)
These are available on Amazon, and there is a Facebook page called Omnia Stovetop oven. (also one for Omnia oven recipes)
These ovens are from Sweden and have been engineered especially for use on the stovetop. You can make just about anything in it that you can do in a regular oven.
Attached Thumbnails
chile.JPG  
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2017, 12:57 PM   #2

Name: dave
Trailer: no longer looking at Parkliner,04 Honda Odyssey
Pennsylvania
And it costs less and takes up less space than an oven!

Old 03-01-2017, 01:42 PM   #3

Name: Barclay
Trailer: Scamp
Oregon
Is the inset for muffins, etc included or is it an extra purchase Will definitely look into one of these.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 SD
Washington
Registry
The only thing I don't care for is the shape of the Omnia pan, unless you want to make a Bundt cake.

I have an older "vintage" West Bend Ovenette stove top oven, which has a lot more versatility as a camp oven and I can do many more things in it than would fit in the Omnia. YMMV
Old 03-01-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Texas
I purchased that insert on Amazon. It fits the Omnia perfectly.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:53 PM   #6

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
When we had the Casita with no oven I used one. Loved it. You get used to cooking 'in the round'. I really like that inset too. When we bought the Escape our daughter in law called dibs on the Omnia (they have a 13ft Scamp).

Old 03-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Texas
Definitely less cost and less space than an oven. There are some new things about it now that really enhance it's value to me. The full silicone liner is wonderful! Nothing sticks to it. I grease it and just swish out with soapy water when finished. Love the liner. There are parchment rounds available for it too that are nice for baking some items. I use silicone baking cups a lot for baking biscuits, cinnamon rolls etc. Again, easy clean up.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Texas
You are right about getting used to cooking in the round. I haven't found anything yet that I would cook in my oven at home that I haven't been able to adapt to the Omnia oven. The engineering that has gone into this oven is what makes it so unique and well suited for camper baking. I'm glad you enjoyed yours in your Casita. We just went from a Casita to an Oliver. Did you switch to another camper too?
Old 03-01-2017, 05:01 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Texas
Dave & Kathie, sorry I just saw that you have an Escape now.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #10

Name: Brenda
Trailer: Past Boler owner, looking at Escape
Alberta
$82.95 on Amazon.com - and $404 on Amazon.ca!!!!!!! Some days it sucks to be Canadian!!
Old 03-02-2017, 05:59 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Texas
Brenda, one person from Canada said she was going to have the Omnia shipped to a friend in the U.S. Is that a possibility? If not, I have another idea.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:41 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in Alberta View Post
$82.95 on Amazon.com - and $404 on Amazon.ca!!!!!!! Some days it sucks to be Canadian!!
Shop around, many of the Amazon.ca are scammers.

Omnia Stove Top Baking Oven – the oven on the stove, camping oven | eBay

Sea Dog Boating Solutions - Omnia Stove Top Oven

Both these complete with shipping for less than $100
Old 03-02-2017, 08:35 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Texas
Shopping around

I agree with Ian. Shopping around can save you $$. When you shop though, be aware of what's included as some have more equipment included in the price than others.The rack has to be purchased separately with some sales, and I see the shipping can take a week or two and cost over $20 with some sellers.

Sometimes these added costs can make the less costly appearing item even more expensive. The parchment round papers for baking come with some of the ovens and are nice to have.

I am an Amazon Prime member and buy most anything I need from there except clothes. My membership fee for Prime is a real bargain given that I purchase most of my goods from there. Aso, I love the speed of Amazon and their customer service & return policy.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:34 AM   #14

Name: Brenda
Trailer: Past Boler owner, looking at Escape
Alberta
Thanks for the recommendations. I did find the one on eBay.ca and will check out the other. Thanks also for the PM - I could see it in my mail but it won't open on the site.

I also came across the Cuisinart CBO-1000 Pven Central that many people really like. Looks like it's discontinued and tough to find. Does anyone here use one?