Tongue Jack Stand fits 2" jack - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-18-2014, 10:38 PM   #1

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Tongue Jack Stand fits 2" jack

Do away with those blocks of wood and try this tongue jack stand fits 2" diameter Trailer Jacks.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0216.jpg  

Old 06-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #2

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
That is a nice looking accessory, all right, but I have to wonder, "is that significantly more stable than the metal foot that just clips onto the bottom of the jack shaft?" I'm accessorizing my little Burro with all sorts of good stuff, but I'm beginning to reach a saturation point. In the rear, I've got the original landing gear (2 on the bumper) as well as a pair of screw jacks placed on those orange plastic pads, and on the front I have the tongue jack on the aforementioned foot as well as the second, swing-down side jack on another, smaller foot (also on an orange pad.) I guess even a 13 foot Burro can't be too stable, but I wonder how much is enough(?)

Froggie

Old 06-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #3

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Froggie, your swing down jack with the foot will work on level camp sites, not so well if you are on a site that the ground sloops down greatly from the tongue. You may be able to disconnect it from the tug but if when you go to back the tug back under the tongue you may find your not able to get the trailers tongue up high enough to reconnect. Been there done that!

Unless your able to lift the tongue of the trailer up yourself you could find yourself looking for some help to lift the trailers tongue up or have them sit/stand on the back end of the tug to lower it in order to get the trailers tongue back onto the ball of the tug.

Thus the reason for always adding some extra blocks or the item that Chuck has posted under the tongue before dropping.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #4

Washington
Froggie the many parts I sell work on other trailers not just a Burro.
Chuck
Old 06-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #5

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
No offense meant... I was just wondering out loud whether there would be a significant advantage for me to add that particular item to my arsenal of accessories. Like many folks on this site, I always like to check out whatever new gizmos come along. I can see some advantage to it now that Carol has described putting the trailer into a slanting location, although I try to find as level a spot as possible to place any trailer, especially if I will sleep in it. How deeply into the socket of the cone does the bottom of the tongue jack go, or said another way, how much height boost are you starting with when the cone is used under the jackshaft?

FTTRV, I did look at your site. In fact, the original link left me taking a couple of steps and seeing an extra screen full of nice accessories before I got to the stand, so I'm sure you'll be hearing from me for an order eventually.

Regards,
the Green Frog
Old 06-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #6

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
I prefer the added stability of having the naked end of the jack tube directly into the ground. It also serves to help keep your trailer from rolling off it's blocks.

I've seen those jack stands before and it seems to me that they would make a FGRV less stable.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #7

Washington
No Bob they the orange thing does not make the trailer unstable. Many of my Escape friends use this for their Escapes 19 and 21's. I have a electric jack with a big round foot on my Bigfoot.
Chuck
Old 06-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #8

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Certainly on a larger trailer, with twin axles and/or lots of tongue weight, and stabilizers on all four corners, it could work well. But on a 13' FGRV, I don't see the same stability.

Unless you have a really bad campsite, and need the extra lift, what's the advantage over the round jack pads that are about 1" thick or just sticking the jack end, with or without a metal foot attached, onto the ground.

Not to kill sales, but it just seems like something else to carry.