Window Gaskets and Seals - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-15-2016, 07:49 AM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: Hehr Windows
California
Window Gaskets and Seals

Welcome to the Vintage Trailer Shop. We specialize in recreating and selling gaskets and seals for vintage trailer windows manufactured in the 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's. We currently have in stock all the gaskets and seals for the Hehr first generation window, the Hehr Standard window, and all Hehr Jalousie windows including the 1600, 2400, 2700, 3600, and 4900 series windows. The attached photo provides a timeline showing the evolution of vintage Hehr windows and their respective gaskets and seals. Check out our web site at Vintage Trailer Shop - Vintage Trailer Shop.
Attached Thumbnails
The History of Vintage Hehr Windows v12 081316.jpg  

Old 08-22-2016, 10:39 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Which series is used on Trilliums?

Old 09-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #3

Name: Randy
Trailer: (3)Trillium 4500,(4)Trillium 1300
Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Which series is used on Trilliums?

David,
I've been waiting to see if they ever post a reply... Looks like they [post something then never return....
Old 09-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #4

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Robert may not know what particular seal is needed for a particular trailer brand and the windows. I mean, there's a LOT of them when you consider all the classics. He's probably waiting for you to tell him which trim you need, not the other way around.

Maybe...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:10 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Probably worth contacting them directly through the website, although they should be checking the forum posts they started I can understand the challenges in missing some requests
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #6

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Washington
Take a photo of a cross section of the seal/gasket with a ruler set right next to it for dimensional reference. Then email them the photo.

Or cut a small slice of the seal/gasket and send it to them in the mail with your contact information.

Seeing is knowing when it comes to these things. There are hundreds of makes of small trailers and they would not be able to know what windows were used on what trailers as they don't own the trailers.

Their focus started with a few makes and models but as they grow it will expand with knowledge submitted not by them to us but instead submitted by us to them as to what seals we show to them that come from our various trailers. Once they get that information then they will post it on their website with the seals if they are going to sell those particular seals we need.

In the meantime maybe we should have a sticky thread just for windows on the various makes, it is certainly a subject that seems to come up most weeks. I started a thread for the gasket seals needed for the Trails West Campster windows as there was not any information in the forum for that and it was not to be found elsewhere on the internet.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #7

Ardmore, Alabama
He wasn't asking which seal...we want to know what series window was used if he has that information.. I know the seals are hard to figure out that's why I ended up buying probably $20.00 worth of 6" samples at $.50 each from Vintage just waiting on them to arrive. What I plan to do is match everything I can then post a list of what works for future reference......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Robert may not know what particular seal is needed for a particular trailer brand and the windows. I mean, there's a LOT of them when you consider all the classics. He's probably waiting for you to tell him which trim you need, not the other way around.

Maybe...
Old 09-01-2016, 03:17 PM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
He wasn't asking which seal...we want to know what series window was used if he has that information.. I know the seals are hard to figure out that's why I ended up buying probably $20.00 worth of 6" samples from Vintage just waiting on them to arrive. What I plan to do is match everything I can then post a list of what works for future reference......
That would be very helpful!

What would be helpful from the OP would be some way to tell the various series apart.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #9

Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
That would be very helpful!

What would be helpful from the OP would be some way to tell the various series apart.
That would be helpful also, I've never seen a tag or marking telling anything about the windows..
Old 09-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #10

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
He wasn't asking which seal...we want to know what series window was used if he has that information..
My answer would still be the same. But KC gave a better one
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #11

California
There is no way to know which trailer manufacturer used which window manufacturer. Sometimes, the trailer manufacturer changed window manufacturers on a yearly basis. The best way is to try and match a seal cross section or actually find the manufacturer stamped into the aluminum frame. Most Hehr windows were stamped with Hehr and the Series number. Hope that helps. Robert
Old 09-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #12

California
More info about vintage trailer windows. Knowing the trailer manufacturer that the window is on does not tell us what the window's manufacturer or Series number is. During the 50's, 60's, and 70's, there were 3 specific window manufacturers: Hehr, Phillips, and Woodlin. There were also one or two "generic" windows used on trailers during this time. Hehr windows made up about 90% of the market. The Hehr, Phillips, and Woodlin windows all have the manufacturer name stamp on them which helps when trying to find seals and gaskets. The generic windows usually do not have stamps on them making it much harder to find the parts. Hope that helps. Robert
Old 09-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #13

California
What window and series is on a Trillium?n The easiest way to find out would be to send me a photo of your window and especially any cross section of a gasket or seal that you can take a photo of. If I have a match, I will send you a sample so you can do a fit check before you purchase anything.
robert@vintagetrailershop