Wanted: Cushions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 02:54 PM   #1

Name: Christian
Trailer: Escape 2017, 17B
Florida
Cushions

Looking for cushions for my Boler 1300. I need them all.

Sent from my C6530N using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 05-02-2015, 07:02 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Cushions

If you don't come up with a used set, another option is to order new ones from Scamp. They should fit your Boler. You can save on shipping by ordering only the covers and sourcing the foam locally. There was a good thread recently about what type of foam to use- a lot of people seemed to feel Scamp's is too firm for sleeping (I'm not one of them). A search should turn it up.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:10 PM   #3

Florida
Jon. Will the cushions from a casita fit my Boler? I figure I can tailor them as need be.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:12 PM   #4

Florida
Sorry, it's a Scamp. They should fit right?

Old 05-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #5

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Several people have posted requests for help in designing/making/replacing cushions. Be sure to look for them in the "New Posts" section or look in the "Search" tab. Go to the drop down menu to the Google search and put in "cushions". You should find many solutions. Following is my most recent response http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...nys-69430.html (Mine is posting #2)
Old 05-13-2015, 07:42 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa in FL View Post
Jon. Will the cushions from a casita fit my Boler?...Sorry, it's a Scamp...

I think it likely. Both Scamp and Casita derived their 13' designs from Boler, so the basic dimensions are very close. Later 16' models carried over the dinette and front sofa molds. I believe I read you are looking to buy some used cushions from a Scamp 16' owner, right? I'd ask the seller to confirm the exact length and width of each seat (at the longest and widest points). I can't guarantee a perfect fit on the curves, but if I were in your place and the price were right, I'd probably give it a shot.

You know that the front sofa backrest/upper bunk has plywood inside the cover along with thinner 3" foam (rest is 4")? The plywood is in 3 pieces: a large center piece with two small hinged wings on either end that allow the backrest to conform to the curvature of the shell when lowered. It attaches with an offset hinge to a ledge under the front window. Is that plywood being included, or do you still have your old one? Is the ledge present and solid? Are you even planning to return the bunk to its original configuration?
Old 05-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #7

Florida
Yes, I am getting cushions and upper bunk. My 1300 had the bunk removed by a PO. I won't know what's what till I pick it all up next month, but it all sounds good. I'll check those bunk issues with you later. Thanks for your input.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:39 AM   #8

Name: Jeff short for Jennifer
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1977
North Carolina
probably too late, but I have cushions from a 1978 Scamp bunk that we just pulled. I had them recovered a couple years ago. The top bunk is alligator vinyl, and the lower is a muted tropical print. I just don't want to take them to the land fill, but I am in North Carolina
Old 05-31-2015, 12:01 PM   #9

Name: Jeannette
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
We have a full set of cushions from a 1975 Boler that we will be selling once we cut our new ones. We just bought the trailer and I can't say for sure the age of them - but I think they are quite old. We will be using the bunk support to make a new cushion for that so that won't be included - and we are in Canada
Old 05-31-2015, 03:08 PM   #10

Florida
Hi Newbie, I am getting some cushions, but am not sure about the bunk. I will be traveling north in June. I could easily stop by in NC. Are you in a hurry to be rid of them? And do you have the bunk support? Thanks.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:38 PM   #11

Name: Jeff short for Jennifer
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1977
North Carolina
I've promised the supports to someone else. Just giving them to her, but is she fins she doesn't need them I'll let you know
Old 06-29-2015, 09:23 AM   #12

Florida
Hi newbie, I got a set of bunk supports. Thanks for your willingness to help.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #13

Name: Yazmin
Trailer: Boler (1980)
Ontario
Have a set of possibly home-made Boler cushions.... to go

They are in reasonable condition for old cushions. It was probably a pretty dense foam. One little one has dark marks on it, may wash out. The covers are stitched closed and would have to be opened up to remove the foam for inspection or cleaning. Have the fabric (though it is stained) off the bunk - not the cushion or board. Treating them with baking soda to deodorize.

ON, Canada
Attached Thumbnails
Boler cushions as bought.jpg  
Old 07-09-2015, 08:29 AM   #14

Florida
You might try a product called Odormute. It's a powdered enzyme that is very effective removing waste residue and the odor accompanying waste. If mice or other animals have gotten to your cushions that should clean them up. No need to remove the covers. I get it online from Johnsons vet supply, but I am sure there are other sources.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:30 AM   #15

Name: Yazmin
Trailer: Boler (1980)
Ontario
Thanks Lisa, I will look for that if need be. There hasn't been any animal damage luckily but the trailer sat neglected for a long time so these cushions are a bit stale smelling.