Lets trade even up your camper, my boat - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #21

Trailer: 2007 Casita
[QUOTE=David Tilston;400798]Marilyn,
I think what you are picking up on is that we think that your expectations are a bit unrealistic.

I agree! And several of us tried to warn her early on!
As well as I think Marilyn expects a transaction to happen ASAP! As most of us know that is not how this journey goes......

Sorry she didn't take the time to actually read this forum and understand that we are dealing with trailers that are not mass produced and for the most part hard to come by! And the member's here did try and help her by providing links of glass trailers for sale! Guess she will have something to talk about at her next camp out, how discouraging we are!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #22

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Also not mentioned was that NEW list price is currently $2795 w/ the 9 hp motor mount + $395 for the canopy and I guess a bit more for the trolling motor, and it is now USED.

Yep, we can all talk about this one around the old campfire.

And we think our stuff holds it's value.....

Old 07-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #23

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Count me out of any planned FGRV campfire convo- I don't think I can muster enough oomph in the "catty comments about the outsider" department.

Guess it's been too long since high school....

Francesca, all grown up now.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I agree that selling the boat outright and having cash in hand would probably be a plus. In the 3 or 4 states that I search, I have seen some good deals and they go fast so you need the cash in hand. Most often I see these in more distance areas and not the big cities like you see listed most. They are out there and many more than a lot of people think. I did wonder if the OP had seen a unit and been inside because they are small, much smaller than even the smallest of stickies. The deals our there but you have to shake the bushes to find them and be quick with flashing your cash. The ones I see are not scams either because I always check to see if the ads are running across the country.

The OP would need to decide just how much work he could put in a unit and money. Buying used anything, always have some reserve for the unexpected and let's face it, RV appliances and repairs aren't cheap!

Another possibilities are the lots that buy and trade just about anything of value but again, you'll be getting something that would require work.

Lots of units on the market across the country in all different price ranges.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #25

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Count me out of any planned FGRV campfire convo- I don't think I can muster enough oomph in the "catty comments about the outsider" department.

Guess it's been too long since high school....

Francesca, all grown up now.

Francessca, frankly I think everyone has tried to help her. She's the one that got upset cause her "trade" didn't happen in 3 point 3 seconds she gets upset and throws a tantrum! And the "catty" comments came from her, because she didn't get her way! Seriously, who's grown up?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #26

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
She even felt empowered to bad mouth some of us by saying: "it looks like that some of you buy more than you use to resell and make money"

I guess someone that can't find a FGRV for chump change thinks that the rest of us are either horders or scammer/flippers.

As long as I don't value my time at more than $2 an hour I suppose I might be making money on some of the FGRV's I have referbished and resold.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #27

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Let it go folks. We've had it sugar coated and plain spoken and now we're going to have it without further comment. If you wish to participate in the offered transaction, please address your thoughts to the original poster via private message. This thread is closed.

Jack G