Looking for a Spartan “mansion” - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2019, 12:16 PM   #1

Name: Rusty
Trailer: Spartan
Manitoba
Arrow Looking for a Spartan “mansion”

Not Fiberglass but ...Looking for Spartan “Imperial Mansion” (used as mobile homes not rvs) gently used, or restorable condition. TIA
Old 01-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #2

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
MD
Registry
There are two for sale here:

VintageCampers.com :: Vintage Campers, Vintage Trailers, Vintage Parts, Vintage Restorations
Old 01-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #3

Manitoba
Thumbs up Thanks

Hi Air Doug
This is a dealer site with typically higher prices... I am looking for a private sale and was hoping someone on the network here might know of one. Thanks for the heads up
Old 01-29-2019, 03:19 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I am sure you probably already know how to search USA Craigslist. Several search engines exist, I use Search Tempest. Its how I found my 1977 Trillium, which never made it to being listed on the fiberglass RV for sale site, or this forum either.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I second tempest
Old 01-29-2019, 07:58 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I'm a member of a vintage camper group called Tin Can Tourists. They regularly sell many vintage campers including Spartans. https://tincantourists.com/classified-ads/
Old 01-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #7

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Plenty of Spartan Mansions around. Most are TRASHED as they were so big, long and hard to move/tow that they become stationary trailers parked all over the place. Lot's of em in the South however the condition is usually TERRIBLE. Parts are expensive and repair can be difficult.

You will save LOT'S of money by purchasing a nice trailer to begin with versus rebuilding a trash trailer.

The big problem will be finding a NICE "Mansion" trailer that the seller has a realistically priced. The few NICE "Mansions" I have seen for sale the asking price did not match the condition!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
Old 02-01-2019, 08:58 AM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Here is a spartan mansion listed in the Tin Can Tourist group. https://tincantourists.com/classifie...lers-for-sale/
Old 02-01-2019, 02:38 PM   #9

Manitoba
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
I am sure you probably already know how to search USA Craigslist. Several search engines exist, I use Search Tempest. Its how I found my 1977 Trillium, which never made it to being listed on the fiberglass RV for sale site, or this forum either.
Thanks thrifty bill... never heard of tempest till now
Old 02-03-2019, 07:28 AM   #10

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
I believe there is one in Waynesboro VA out in the country parked beside/behind a small farm house on Cattle Scales Rd that has been there for a few years. Appx. GPS 38.1166 -78.8889 - you can use Google Maps satellite view to see it - It appears to be towable. I never saw a for sale sign but I have passed by it and thought to myself it was a really cool looking restorable trailer. There was also a Little Red Caboose trailer in Waynesboro VA are on top of the mountain at exit 99 off I-64 behind the Colony House Motel 494 Three Notched Hwy 22980 540-942-4156 it is a little motel way on top of the hill - I looked at it years ago and it appeared to be an easy restoration then but I have no idea if it is still there or condition as of today. It was off the charts cool - looked just like a real caboose with a porch and everything - very towable and only a few ever made - I would LOVE to see this restored.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:28 AM   #11

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
I believe there is one in Waynesboro VA out in the country parked beside/behind a small farm house on Cattle Scales Rd that has been there for a few years. Appx. GPS 38.1166 -78.8889 - you can use Google Maps satellite view to see it - It appears to be towable. I never saw a for sale sign but I have passed by it and thought to myself it was a really cool looking restorable trailer. There was also a Little Red Caboose trailer in Waynesboro VA are on top of the mountain at exit 99 off I-64 behind the Colony House Motel 494 Three Notched Hwy 22980 540-942-4156 it is a little motel way on top of the hill - I looked at it years ago and it appeared to be an easy restoration then but I have no idea if it is still there or condition as of today. It was off the charts cool - looked just like a real caboose with a porch and everything - very towable and only a few ever made - I would LOVE to see this restored.
Wow thanks! Sad to say I am Faaaaar away from there ! Any chance you might be out that way again?? I’m looking for the larger park model that runs around 40+ ‘ . I would be happy to pay a finders fee if you were able to check it out!! I’ve never heard of the caboose before? Will be sure to google that one right away.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This one just popped up. Interior sounds lovely

1954 38' Spartan Royal Mansion - Lacey, WA
Old 02-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #13

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
This one is on Raleigh's cl although they're a little "optimistic" on the asking price.
i wasn't aware these were that $$$.
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/rvs/d...794698438.html