Wanted: Looking for some cabinets - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #1

Name: Gabriel
Trailer: Scamp
Alabama
Looking for some cabinets

I have a 78 Scamp that was stripped when I bought it. I’m currently trying to restore it and looking for the cabinet that goes over the back window. If anyone has one or two I’d be interested.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
If you don't come across any, try the factory. No doubt, not the cheapest.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #3

Alabama
If it comes to that I may have to hand lay them myself
Old 12-16-2017, 08:55 PM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
Here's an older listing on cl for what you're looking for: https://raleigh.craigslist.org/rvs/d...367458735.html

Note: this is not my listing, just passing along the info!

2012 13' Scamp ceiling storage unit - $300

2012 scamp
I have a 2012 Scamp 13' with a ceiling storage unit that I do not need and will be removing. This unit is in perfect condition; just needs a new home. $300 OBO

I also will be removing the Couch/ Bunk Beds as well; also in mint condition; needing a home as well.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #5

Alabama
Thanks Steve. I contacted him for the unit and he still has it. On the advice of a previous comment I checked out the Scamp website. They only cost $148 new!! I think for my needs I’ll buy new. That way I can buy 2 and use them front and back.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #6

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
For that price new is the way to go! Scamp probably has a better shipping rate than most private sellers can get. Even if the cl seller dropped a lot on the cabinet the shipping may get you right back to a new Scamp price.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:20 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I'm guessing bulky fiberglass parts have to go by freight. Many private sellers don't want to bother arranging that. Usually they're offered for pick-up only.

It won't be cheap, but Scamp does know how to crate bulky, fragile items so they arrive undamaged. Two of the same might be nested to save a bit.

Check with Scamp about the fit for rear installation, though- the front and rear may not be interchangeable. At some point they stopped offering a rear full-width overhead cabinet and only install the side-saddle cabinets on new builds now. I'd be interested in their answer.