Tow vehicle, 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid AWD - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 2014 13' Scamp -standard w/ front bunk
Vermont
Tow vehicle, 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid AWD

This vehicle features the Toyota Hybrid Synergy drive, all wheel drive, with a 3.3 L V6 engine with EV mode and ECON mode, electrically controlled continuously variable transmission. 115,000 miles. EPA MPG rating: 27 city/25 highway. It comes equipped with a Toyota factory class III hitch receiver (2”) and 7 –way trailer light/brake plug (you would need to wire in your brake controller if needed). Toyota rates the towing capacity at 3500 pounds. My wife and I have towed our Scamp with it for four years and it is an excellent tow vehicle. We’ve been so happy with this Highlander that we have purchased a 2017 model – hence the interest in selling it. We’re asking $10,000.

It seats 7 with 2nd and 3rd row seats that fold flat for maximum cargo capacity.

Safety features include the Toyota Star Safety system, vehicle stability control w/TRAC, anti-lock brakes with brake assist, driver and front passenger airbags, driver knee airbag, driver and passenger side airbags and 3 row roll-sensing side curtain airbags.

Convenience features include: air-conditioning, rear backup camera with multi-function display, tire pressure monitoring system, Smart Key entry and ignition systems, a tilt/telescoping steering wheel, and rear privacy glass.

In addition to the extensive features standard in this hybrid vehicle, it includes optional equipment totaling $5500 at the time of purchase. Among these are: fabric trimmed 3rd row seat, 19” 10-spoke alloy wheels, mudguards, leather steering wheel and shift knob, 2nd row personal reading lamps, driver and front passenger sun visors with lamps, 8-way power driver seat, roof rails, 2nd row one-touch fold flat levers, AM/FM 6 disk in-dash CD changer w/ 8 speakers, MP3/WMA playback capability, and satellite ready capability, manual rear air conditioning system with rear vents for 2nd and 3rd row. The power rear hatch can be operated from a switch in the driver’s console, from the remote key, or from a button on the hatch. The rear glass may be opened separately from the hatch.

The vehicle is equipped with snow tires (used two seasons) and a set of (un-mounted) warm-weather tires will also be included.

This vehicle has had only one primary driver, though two titled owners. I first titled it in the name of my business, and in 2015 sold it to myself (my name is on the original purchase documents).

The vehicle has received all scheduled maintenance, primarily at the Toyota dealership and in a few instances another local repair shop. As well, all Toyota safety recall service has been performed in timely fashion. A new battery was installed and rear brake rotors and pads replaced in December 2016. The current Vermont state inspection was performed in December 2016. In order to assure that the vehicle is in sound condition prior to offering for sale I arranged (Feb, 2017) for a Toyota Multipoint Inspection by Toyota certified mechanics. That inspection report along with service history documents are available for review. Although the inspection did not note it, I noticed subsequently an intermittent sticking of the emergency brake and I had the e-brake shoes and cables completely replaced.

This has been a no-smoking vehicle. Cosmetic defects are minor: it has a two minor scrapes/dings on the exterior, a few minor scratches, and the floor carpet on the driver’s side is discolored. This is a very clean and well cared-for vehicle.

The vehicle is located in east central Vermont. Please contact me by PM for additional information.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg  

6.jpg   9.jpg  

7.jpg   13.jpg  

Old 03-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Such a deal!!!

Should be a good one! We had an '07 Hi Hy that towed out 16 ft GLX SD Scamp with no problems.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #3

Name: Wenonah
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Ohio
I sent a pm and look forward to hearing from you!
Old 03-27-2017, 12:13 PM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: 2014 13' Scamp -standard w/ front bunk
Vermont
This Highlander has been sold and I am happy to report that in its new life it will continue towing a fiberglass RV.