1978 Trillium 1300 worth it??? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-24-2016, 10:43 PM   #15

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
what will the dealer add on for other costs? Buying from a dealer rarely gets you out the door for just the price of the rig. Will he insist on doing a PDI? (Pre delivery Inspection) that he will happily charge you for? (When I was working for a dealer, they went in the 5-6 hundred dollar range..and that was a few years ago) Will he charge for an interior AND exterior detailing, or is that included in the price?

Does he have any kind of warranty? Most dealers do for at least 30 days, but all that will go out the door if you refuse a PDI. You have every right to do so, but he will then turn around and sell "as is". Be diligent and find out ALL the costs, not just the price.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #16

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
re Trill for sale $5000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartorius23 View Post
Hey Folks I'm looking at a 1978 Trillium 1300 for sale at a local dealer, he is firm on $5000. He says with summer coming up he will clean it up and get 6k all day long. Anyways I am wondering if it is worth it or should I wait for another trailer to come my way. My only thing is it is the exact model I want, double bed and with the single bunk bed option. Also has a a rear hitch I was thinking of mounting my dirt bike to. Anyways please let me know what you think or if anyone is BC is planning on selling theirs or knows of one around. Sorry no interior pics, but I would say it 7/10 not mint, has been well used but in not need of remodel and am told all appliances work.
: garb it while u can but only if it is in good shape, Frame, interior all works, foam is not cheap anymore, lights, hitch, tail lights work, that is if your not qualified to do any of the work your self. My wife and I like doing our own work to make sure it all works going down the road. My neighbour who has not used his in years has put me 2nd in line for it if first person says no. He is asking $6500.00 and I told him okay because by coming to FG RV I have learned a lot about the pricing and what to look for. It is easy to wash it and while doing so have someone inside to check for water leaks, this is the first item you want to fix. Check around the wheel wells for openings, Vent Openings or anywhere there has been a hole or screw put into it. Look at it this way it should cost way less to restore a trailer than restoring a car or truck.
Stude

Old 03-05-2016, 10:47 AM   #17

Name: Vince
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
It's hard to say without getting a closer look but I would probably not rush to buy that trailer. The price seems about average for BC IF the frame isn't rusty, the interior is good, and the appliances have been verified to work. But even then expect that it will need some money & work. As the weather improves you should see more trailers come up for sale, so I wouldn't worry about not finding something.

I suspect trailer prices closer to Alberta will drop due to Alberta's struggling economy. Someone willing to make a road trip may be able to find some deals this summer.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #18

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Re-$5000 trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB_in_BC View Post
It's hard to say without getting a closer look but I would probably not rush to buy that trailer. The price seems about average for BC IF the frame isn't rusty, the interior is good, and the appliances have been verified to work. But even then expect that it will need some money & work. As the weather improves you should see more trailers come up for sale, so I wouldn't worry about not finding something.

I suspect trailer prices closer to Alberta will drop due to Alberta's struggling economy. Someone willing to make a road trip may be able to find some deals this summer.
: I would buy it but only after I had gone over it thoroughly with a fine tooth comb. Every thing has to be 100% before I buy anything these days or I just walk away, it's real easy to walk away from a trailer that they are asking a lot of money for it but turns out to be crap.
But to wash and paint the outside of a trailer is nothing, if the rest is good.
Even our 26' Class A MH needed TLC and after buying it we put $$$ into it, new tires were one of the main items, some others needed minor fixes we did those our selves but the only problem in the early Years of Class A was the Aluminum Block that the Ford V10's have was 3 plugs did not have enough threads to hold them in place, so Far only 1 has blown out and we ended up in Lincoln, Nebraska and as we belong to Good Sam we had it fixed in 24 hours and that included towing.
Some of the things that go wrong you cannot know about in advance but one should be ready for them like belonging to Good Sam, BCAA, and other outfits that offer similar roadside repairs.
Stude

Tags
trillium