Agreed Upon Value for Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Money Matters
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #1

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Agreed Upon Value for Scamp

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading a lot here about this and so called my insurance company (liberty mutual) progressive and a company called Blue Sky.

Progressive days they don't honor anymore unless you're a USAA member, nor does liberty at all. Blue Sky only does for bus conversions.

Does anyone currently have a policy where they were successful in getting this insurance and could provide a name and number? I've only got market value, which I'm sure they use stick trailers for. I paid 7700 for my 12 scamp 13 ER and would at least like to get that for her if she's totaled.

Cheers,
Wendy

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:09 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I have Allstate with an agreed upon maximum value for my Hunter Compact BUT... in the event of a total loss I have to prove "Replacement Value" up to the agreed upon amount.

That means that I have to keep lots of receipts as well as lots of ads for comparable rigs on hand.

As it turns out, I think that all ins policies for agreed value put it on the owner to prove value above what the Ins Co wants to pay, they just don't hand you a check for the agreed value in the event of a total loss.

BTW: Allstate does not offer stand alone, agreed upon value policies, they have to be a part of a package, i.e. auto(s), homes, 40+ years with Allstate etc.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #3

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
I just got insurance on my Scamp through Nationwide. Here is the shortcut from my post. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...elp-66127.html
Old 10-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #4

New York
Registry
Nationwide will give me agreed value if I get an appraisal. I have no idea where to turn for that. I gave them an amount if twelve five and they said approx 150 bucks.

Good Sam will give me a replacement cost policy for 184 but after 5 years goes back to actual cash value. Should I look into getting the nationwide insurance more closely? Any ideas who does rv appraisals or what they might cost?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
There may be a semantic bypass between what your Ins. companies are telling you.

"Declared Value" usually doesn't mean that they will pay that much for a total loss, just that they will pay "Up To" that amount based on actual value. With declared value, it's usually up to the owner to prove actual value in the event of a loss. This will usually include upgrades and recent work.

"Replacement Cost" is basically the same thing, but without an upper limit. But again, the owner will have to prove actual replacement cost for their rig. This may, or may not, cover additional features you may have added.

The value to avoid is "Book" or "NADA" value.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #6

New York
Registry
I think I'm going with good Sam, but if I'm going to buy policy they're going to have to be willing to document what my trailer has or I won't buy policy. Otherwise, their replacement might be a bare bones 13 and mine was a package plus water heater, 12 volt outside outlet and other goodies. Don't reckon they'll ever be able or willing to compensate me for closet shelves I put in or other mods. That would be my loss. Agent is supposed to call me back in the 10th so I'll let all know what kind of run around he gives me.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
2012 Scamp Scamp 13 Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp