Blue Book Value vs. Resale value - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
Dear Forum Members:

I am trying to insure my 1985 Boler 1300 Voyager and am trying to determine its value.

I am sure the present resale value is much higher than its Blue Book Value.

Does anyone know what the values may be it it is in Good condition. Blue Book vs. Resale $$

Thanks
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Hi Markz,
Try showing them this
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #3

Trailer: Outfitter Michiganni Truck Camper and 13 ft Scamp
I don't think you can really insure (by that I mean actually collect) a resale value. Don't insurance companies only cover Blue Book (or less) amounts?

I have this impression due to a recent experience of having a 1973 Datsun truck stolen and then recovered, although damaged ("totaled"). Insurance paid only half of the amount that you see these trucks selling for. We get similar offerings for it regularly.

We recently bought a Scamp and when I added it to our policy I asked how they would determine it's value if there were a claim. I was told that it would be determined by a Blue Book like listing, and have no relation to the amount we paid for it. Also, they figure the insurance premium by how much one reports paying for the trailer, but that has no effect on what they'll pay out. I asked specifically about this. I researched only 21st Century Insurance.

Leata
Leata & Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
Quote:
I don't think you can really insure (by that I mean actually collect) a resale value. Don't insurance companies only cover Blue Book (or less) amounts?

I have this impression due to a recent experience of having a 1973 Datsun truck stolen and then recovered, although damaged ("totaled"). Insurance paid only half of the amount that you see these trucks selling for. We get similar offerings for it regularly.

We recently bought a Scamp and when I added it to our policy I asked how they would determine it's value if there were a claim. I was told that it would be determined by a Blue Book like listing, and have no relation to the amount we paid for it. Also, they figure the insurance premium by how much one reports paying for the trailer, but that has no effect on what they'll pay out. I asked specifically about this. I researched only 21st Century Insurance.

Leata
Thanks for the insight.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
Not all insurance companies rely on the NADA guide alone. You have to search them out, but you can insure for "stated value" with some companies, in a similar fashion to insuring a collectible or piece of art. You have to do your homework, gathering comparables data that the agent will agree to. I doubt that 21st Century does this, I would inquire at Liberty Mutual since they sponsor Antiques Roadshow...
Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #6

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We have to consider how the insurance company will rate our units 17' prices range from 5500 to 10500 depending on condition. Plus we tend to do reno's like we would do on our homes.
Borden is offline   Reply With Quote