Getting insurance - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #15

Trailer: BIOD Bambi 1980
Registry
Quote:
Instead of converting your electricity from our 110 to your 220 just buy a coffee pot at Wal-Mart that sets on the gas stove, A microwave for less than $50, and a n extension cord (12 gauge wire) and run it through the hole where your original wire goes through and plug in your new American Purchased items into it.
We got the devices to make coffee without electricity.
We don't need a microwave.
The fridge needs 220V

Btw, is the 'Melitta-cone'-system common in N America ffor making coffee?

Lex M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #16

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
We use the Melitta when camping. Mostly because one of us is decaf and the other drinks caffeine. Makes it easier to just have our own little systems. When at home we use electric, two pots.

The Melitta system tastes much better, even the decaf is almost good.

Nancy

Old 03-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
We use the Melitta when camping. Mostly because one of us is decaf and the other drinks caffeine. Makes it easier to just have our own little systems. When at home we use electric, two pots.

The Melitta system tastes much better, even the decaf is almost good.

Nancy
Thanks Nancy.
So we don't have to import the nr 4 's ;-)

Next question: how about the Senseo Crema machine ?

Btw, is Moorhead northern MN ?
Old 03-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #18

Lex,

By Senseo do you mean the machine with the little coffee discs? Looked at one years ago, since then I have not noticed if they continued being popular. Hope others reply to that. If they make a good decaf let me know!

Douey Egbert (spelling?) is my favorite coffee. We like to stop at Burger King for their coffee. I have never had a better decaf. Wish that liquid gem was available at the store.

By the way we get our liter thermos filled at Burger King for less than a $1.

Be sure at McDonalds and Burger King that you ask for the senior discount. Can't make your own coffee for that little (but, you probably make yours much stronger).

You don't need to bring filters, they are widespread, but you may want to bring your favorite brand coffee.

Moorhead is indeed in Northern MN. This is a very sad time for the people on the North Dakota/Minnesota border. Hope Winnipeg can handle this water when it gets up north.

Nancy
Old 03-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Lex,

By Senseo do you mean the machine with the little coffee discs? Looked at one years ago, since then I have not noticed if they continued being popular. Hope others reply to that. If they make a good decaf let me know!

Douey Egbert (spelling?) is my favorite coffee. We like to stop at Burger King for their coffee. I have never had a better decaf. Wish that liquid gem was available at the store.

By the way we get our liter thermos filled at Burger King for less than a $1.

Be sure at McDonalds and Burger King that you ask for the senior discount. Can't make your own coffee for that little (but, you probably make yours much stronger).

You don't need to bring filters, they are widespread, but you may want to bring your favorite brand coffee.

Moorhead is indeed in Northern MN. This is a very sad time for the people on the North Dakota/Minnesota border. Hope Winnipeg can handle this water when it gets up north.

Nancy
The Senseo system is developed by Philips (hardware) and Douwe Egberts ('software'= pads).
It is quite popular here. We use it at home too. There are decaf pads, but we never use them, so I don't know the quality. We like the 'dark roast' most.

So buying coffee at p.e. Burger King is a 'cost effective' alternative for making it yourself?
I must memorize that ;-)

I am recently told that I 've got a real grand cousin in Moorhead.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #20

Lex, your cousin may be relocated just now. I just read that the river in Fargo/Moorhead has probably reached it's peak. Sure hope that is true. If you decide to hit Moorhead on your travels then the next town east would be Duluth. Let us know if you hit our neighborhood as we are excellent tour guides for the Duluth/North Shore of Lake Superior.

Some of the fast food places have added different coffee to their menu. Maybe they would have one strong enough for you. Don't know if they work with the "senior" discount.

Most of our Scandinavian friends call our coffee slop water. You really probably do want to bring your own grounds.

I just sent you a private message. No reply needed.

Nancy