Getting pulled over because of the trailer - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 PM   #81

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
the whole thing is on a phone in basis too... call in the day before and find out if you have to show up or not.
That is incredible! I would only have to tentatively shut my business down for a day or even a part day.

Too bad what I do for a living is illegal in California, I think I'd rather pay your government my annual license fees than mine. It costs me about $3 an hour just to have my ticket to try to earn a living.

Brings a whole new meaning to "California Dreaming"
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #82

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
hahaha...Roy, I hesitate to ask.. but what could POSSIBLY be illegal in Calif yet legal in your neck of the woods???

The phone in system works well. because you are in "groups" the message is generic and sez something like... "if you are in groups 115,116, or 117, please report tomorrow morning at 8AM If you are in another group please call back after 8AM tomorrow". And if YOUR group is say 118 you are pretty sure that tomorrow morning YOU will get instructions to report at 1PM, whereas if you are in group 125, you are pretty sure you are "safe" until at least "the day after tomorrow." No guarantees, but you can forecast a bit.

And like the other poster said, if you go down to the court house. that's it. If you don't get assidned to a courtroom, your service is concluded at the and of that day. If you do get assigned, your service is generally over when the judge releases you... either you are excused or at the conclusion of the trial. the only exception is if you get assigned to a court room real early, and get turned loose fast... excused, or the trial is off (plea bargain, whatever) then you DO go back into the jury pool for the rest of that day. You COULD get sent out to another courtroom... But if you are not cut loose by the judge "early enough" to get reassigned that same day, you are DONE.

Quote:
That is incredible! I would only have to tentatively shut my business down for a day or even a part day.

Too bad what I do for a living is illegal in California, I think I'd rather pay your government my annual license fees than mine. It costs me about $3 an hour just to have my ticket to try to earn a living.

Brings a whole new meaning to "California Dreaming"
Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #83

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
what could POSSIBLY be illegal in Calif yet legal in your neck of the woods???
Some occupations in health care.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote