Getting ready to order a Lil Snoozy - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #29

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
no, there is an on board converter and charger, it was installed in the storage compartment. She towed a Scamp before so she has a 7 pin on her t/v and I'm sure the Snoozy can be wired with a 7 pin with one being the reverse lockout ( the one that would normally be for the electric brakes)

Old 07-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #30

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
no, there is an on board converter and charger, it was installed in the storage compartment. She towed a Scamp before so she has a 7 pin on her t/v and I'm sure the Snoozy can be wired with a 7 pin with one being the reverse lockout ( the one that would normally be for the electric brakes)
I don't doubt what you saw- I'm just looking at what's listed as standard equipment on the Snoozy site.
The converter/charger must be an option- of course, it could have just been overlooked on the S.E. list.
But the trailer definitely doesn't come with a tow-vehicle-charge-to-trailer line, according to Nicholas' E-mail.
For an all-electric (heavily 12v) setup, that seems odd to me.

Francesca

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 AM   #31

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Smile Surge vs Electric

How would surge brakes accommodate a break-away feature like electric?

I like the disk brake idea.

How you get away with $15 for 5 years? Do you do your own bearing packs?

Moderator: When will Lil Snoozy be added to the home page list & Outback?

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:04 AM   #32

Name: Mr
Trailer: small
State
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
Yeap, they bond wood inside with fiberglass then hang cabinets with screws from the inside.

I've never figured why they don't do that with the standard models as they bond a piece of wood for the couch back to hang from and the bench seats are screwed into wood bonded inside.

Now the bonding of wood would be in different areas because the Deluxe cabinets are a different size than the standard. I know this because I tried to get them to put a front dinette in my standard 13 and they wouldn't. I said just put the deluxe in. They said they couldn't because it would not fit as the deluxe models have different size cabinets.
This must vary according to year. My 1987 Scamp Deluxe didn't have rivets -- it had screws. They used regular coarse-thread black phosphate screws to install the cabinets, screwed through from the outside, and capped. The screws were pretty rusted. I replaced them with stainless steel and new caps.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #33

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
How would surge brakes accommodate a break-away feature like electric?

I like the disk brake idea.

How you get away with $15 for 5 years? Do you do your own bearing packs?

Moderator: When will Lil Snoozy be added to the home page list & Outback?
Forgive me if you were not referencing to my comment, but the $15 and
15 minutes work to which I was refering was only for snap cap replacement, which the previous poster used the phrase "what a pain".

To answer your second inquiry, Yes I do my own bearing repacks.
I now refit small fiberglass trailers for a hobby,so everything gets done "in house".
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #34

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm moving the last 2 posts over to Scamp deluxe, where we can continue this discussion.
Hold on a second...
Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #35

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
I thought it was nice of Ruth to offer anyone to come over and check out her trailer in the future if interested. I see that post and maybe others i missed were deleted in the new scamp thread created. I was looking for, Ruth... did you get any propane option with your trailer, or is it all electric? Will it have the shower and hot water heater or just potty option, thanks.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:48 AM   #36

Name: Ruth
Trailer: 2014 livin lite
Virginia
Lil Snoozy

I ordered my lil snoozy with no propane. I upgraded to the cassette toilet, and added an extra large window where the tv was supposed to go. I also ordered with a generator. There is a shower, electric hot water heater.

There are pluses and minuses in choosing which trailer. I gave up the convenience of propane. I really love the scamps, there are many wonderful attributes about them. I have been buying used scamps, using them for a year, and then reselling them. There is great resale value in the scamps. they've been great fun, but I've never had a new trailer, and thought it was just time. Each time I sold a scamp, i was lucky to find a newer scamp to replace it with. I also had an rpod for a year. The rpod was really beautiful inside. It was roomier, because of the slide out. It was nicer inside than the scamp or lil snoozy. But, it didn't feel well made. It felt like things could break really easy. I believe in a minimum of fuss with trailers.

The offer is open for people to come visit and see the new trailer, hoping for pickup of new trailer in two weeks. Struggling to find a name for the new trailer.

I chose the Lil Snoozy because it looks way more open than the scamp. I like the huge windows, and even added an extra window for the openness of it.

I had to give up propane. I could have put it in the lil snoozy, but it was getting too expensive for me. Instead, I decided to go with the generator. In the past, I only used the propane for a heater. I have never cooked inside my scamps, preferring to cook outside. So, I didn't think i was giving up that much. I have only taken a shower once in the scamp, so I'm giving up the propane hot water heater also.

I don't full time in my trailers. I'm still working full time plus. I want to go away for four day weekends in my trailer. I'm a full time veterinarian. I'm looking for a way to escape with my dogs. I pack up four dogs, the food, and off we go on outdoor adventures together.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #37

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Yea Ruth Weekend jaunts are much better than no jaunts and you're going to make memories galore. It's very nice of you to offer tours of your trailer for those who are interested in buying too
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #38

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Is that long counter-top in the Lil Snoozy designed for the TV?

When I wish for another model than my Uhaul VT, it is one with more room and lots of windows and a cool design. Sounds like you are getting what you (I) want.

Were I closer, I would happily stop by to see it. Hope you have a great time!

CindyL
Old 07-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #39

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Ruth, Good luck with your new venture, I'm sure you will like it. I know you will like the cassette toilet, I had one in a recent Truck Camper and loved it.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #40

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
That's great, wow you have a lot of rv experience. You can have a 4 dog night with the queen bed, no problem. Like you, i'm still working too and only have time for weekends. Since you are the only snoozy around here i'm sure we will have lots more questions for you and i mean lots
Old 07-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #41

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth G View Post
. The rpod was really beautiful inside. It was roomier, because of the slide out. It was nicer inside than the scamp or lil snoozy.
Ruth
Can you elaborate on this comment?
I can not understand what you mean exactly about the RPOD being "Nicer" but then you go on to say it is not as nice?
At least that is how I read it.
Is the color scheme better for you but the quality not or what?

I ask because when I have been inside an Rpod they seem much more cramped than an Egg and with typical bad construction to boot so this comment has me wondering?

I also have been buying and selling trailers to move up each time and it is a fairly simple process really.
I have held on to them each for a while making improvements usually and then selling them for a reasonable but not crazy profit I think and it has been a lot of fun in the process.

Also I wonder if anyone really knows what the inside wall finish is exactly in a Snoozy?

Thanks
Ed
Old 07-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #42

Pennsylvania
Registry
Ed,
If you go here, you can see interior pictures of Lil Snoozy. It's white semi smooth fiberglass. Lil Snoozy @ the Gathering