Has Anyone Rented Out Their Fiberglass RV? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Money Matters
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #21

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
theres a lovebug in middletown RI for $2000......it was there this winter and when I talked to the guy he said he wouldnt budge cuz he'd seen sites like this etc and knew their worth .
That said I never seen the inside of it so I dont know what it may need...he said its good and he uses it for powwows(he's indian and sells belts I think).
If i'm over there soon ill take a closer look if yould like......Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #22

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation Liability coverage ONLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
I'd guess most peoples car owners insurance would cover it long as its attached to the tow vehicle?
The TRAILER would not be covered under car's Comprehensive or Collision portion of the policy, unless the car owner specifically bought that kind of insurance to cover a specific trailer(s).

The TRAILER would be covered only for Liability, which means that when passing another car and the driver overestimates how far ahead (s)he is when returning to the right lane, and sideswipes the passed car with the Trailer; then the driver's insurance would pay the claim for the passed car, but NOT for the trailer itself.

This is all the Insurance I carry. If MY trailer were damaged in a collision, I would bear the cost of repair or replacement all by myself. This is called "Self Insuring".
Old 05-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #23

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
My trailer is my home for 3 to 4 months a year. During those 3 to 4 months I don't rent out my anchored house. I guess I'm as possessive of my traveling home as my anchored home.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:57 AM   #24

Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13' Deluxe
Minnesota
I had rental property years ago. NO WAY would I ever rent out our camper or house to anyone.

When my husband switched jobs, we had to buy this house up north. Everyone wanted to know if we would rent out our house in the country in Central MN. It has been empty for over 3 years, and it can stay that way until we retire and move back down there. We have been lucky with no break in's as family lives near by.

You have good and bad renters just like with everything else. I feel if they want to rent a camper, they can go to a dealer, and pay the price.
Mary Ann in MN is offline   Reply With Quote