Horrace Mann Insurance - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 03:52 AM   #1

Name: Layne
Trailer: Scamp
South Carolina
Horrace Mann Insurance

I saw a previous thread where people were discussing insurance and where to find it for your vintage camper.

My husband and I are both teachers and, as such, get a discount through Horrace Mann for our insurance. We have been very happy with them for car and house.

But I also want to let everyone know that they went out of their way to work out a way to insure my husband’s vintage ‘67 Mustang and my (not quite as vintage) ‘88 Scamp. So they may be a good company to check out if your current one is having trouble on the vintage front
Diannalayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #2

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita 17 ft SD
Colorado
Horace Mann Insurance

My step dad was a Horace Mann Insurance salesman. I was also a teacher.

Maybe Horace Mann changed its ways. For me what a rip off, will never go there again.

The only thing Horace Mann was concerned was big money for the leadership and sorry about your issues.
ehoepner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:03 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Is Horace Mann an insurance company? Or is Horace Mann just an insurance broker, an agent for many insurance companies? Don't care. Just asking.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:02 AM   #4

Name: Layne
Trailer: Scamp
South Carolina
Horrace Mann

Horrace Mann is a National Insurance company. I had never personally heard of them until I became a teacher. They sell to those other than teachers, but give teachers and their families special discounts.

Here is their website: Horace Mann Educators Corporation | Auto, Home and Life Insurance and Retirement Annuities
(guess I can’t spell “Horace” whoops)

We have never had anything but good experiences with them over several claims both auto and homeowners. I guess experiences can differ based on your location and who you deal with.

I’m not trying to sell them or anything like that. I just thought I would offer a company I know works with vintage items for those that may be looking.
Diannalayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:29 AM   #5

Name: Johnell
Trailer: shopping now
New York
Hello Dianna,

Do they offer Teachers Retirement programs or anything like that? I've been trying to find something worthy (I've been working at Cornell University). Planning to find the best option to manage personal finance after retirement as well.

Thank you,
Johnell Brooks
brooksjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:22 PM   #6

Name: Dillon
Trailer: Thinking really hard
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksjo View Post
Hello Dianna,

Do they offer Teachers Retirement programs or anything like that? I've been trying to find something worthy (I've been working at Cornell University). Planning to find the best option to manage personal finance after retirement as well.

Thank you,
Johnell Brooks

NEVER use an insurance company for retirement income. Maybe some, but remember they are going to try to sell you (expensive) annuities. You're better off going with somebody like Fidelity or Vanguard. Even if you go with some sort of "guided" plan you'll be better off. Or find a fee only adviser to work with you inside of one of these fund umbrellas. An annuity might be right for part of your plan but you won't know until you talk with an independent (fee only) advisor. I have no financial training nor am I any type of advisor so this is all opinion. But we've been investing and saving for our upcoming retirement and this has been the best choice for us for the last 25 years.

JMnsHO. YMMV. JaSWAG.
dmpyron is offline   Reply With Quote