Moving Violation - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Well, I've been driving since 1957... this is a first. We have those cameras in Santa Clarita and yup, I was over the yellow line.

I haven't received a ticket since 1960... and I guess traffic school is next for me. I want to keep it off my record - paying the $381 plus traffic school is bad enough.

My questions..

Have you been to traffic school?

Is On-line better?

What do I have to look forward to?

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
I did online traffic school. Uhm.. it was someone else that did the violation and oh gee.. I was collared in a case of mistaken identity!

Try The Comdey Traffic School

No, this isn't a joke.. it is a real school,

but the course seems a bit of a joke.. it's too easy and gets you out of the point. You take your test at any # of listed testing stations.. I did mine at a Farmers Insurance Office at Lake Arrowhead.. took all of 15 mins and I was done.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Some unnamed people in our household have had to deal with traffic school. The consensus was that in Florida at least, it was better to attend the actual traffic school (yes, we do have the comedy club ones) than to do the online course. The online course was timed and you couldn't skip ahead and take the test. You had to keep the computer program open for the alloted hours (I think it was 4) before you could get the credit. If you logged out early you lost the credit.

Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
This was not the case here. You could come and go as you pleased with this one.. spend ten minutes or ten hours.. didn't matter.

You DO have to complete the course/test within the # of days allowed on your ticket tho, and file your completion cert. by "X" date to get out of the ticket.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Name: Clive
Trailer: Boler American #3104
OK ... well; I was given the opportuniity to attend Traffic School on more than one occasion.

I opted to do the classes and have learned from them all.

I always considered myself a good driver, learning to drive in England and passing an English test, which is way harder than the FL test at least. Driven in Scotland in deep snow and on ice, through pea-soup fogs, avoiding the more sensible than the US, Scottish Deer and not so sensible sheep. Driven at high speed on the German Autobahn with it's required discipline.

However, the classes I attended were run by cops and I learned quite a few things that were definitely not in the FL test and which definitely helped my understanding of and how to deal with the chaos of the American driving experience.

I recommend to take the class.
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote