Need advice on buying a Little Joe - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #15

Name: Orlen
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Colorado
I went by the Pelsue fiberglass layup facility and their buildout area in Lamar a few months ago and it looked like they had closed the buildout building (it was completely vacant) and there was no activity at the fiberglass layup facility. I have seen several of these units and they are very solid. They would make a very good adventure or safari rig but they were very expensive and heavy.

BTW - I was looking for a facility to build out some scientific research equipment in the Lamar CO area at the time and was interested in renting the buildout building.

Pelsue is a large supplier of equipment for the communications industry so the trailers are made for heavy industrial use. I think they are just a small part of their operations.

Orlen

Old 09-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #16

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Donna, wow amazing memory, looking at the thread it was only 2009 but I could not quite remember what company. Goes to show how good my box of rocks is rolling around upstairs ha ha. I wish there was a bow down were not worthy waynes world icon for you. Oh well, I send it to you in spirit

Orlen, thanks for the feedback. I hope the company is doing fine and just moved locations.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #17

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle P. View Post
I'm interested in buying a Little Joe trailer. So far it is the narrowest one I can find (5'8" according to Weis Craft Trailers - Little Joe Trailer Floor Plan and Specifications) and will fit well in my narrow side yard.

I wouldn't mind getting one used, but I've been looking and they don't seem to come up too often. It looks like my choices for buying one new are in Eastern Canada and Colorado, so coming from California, Colorado seems my best bet. I have never seen one in person, would it be recommended to take a trip out there before ordering one? I've seen similar trailers, so I'm tempted to skip it.

I guess I'm looking for general comments on the Little Joe, buying advice, and info on other trailers that might be as narrow. I did already read the thread Interesting evening with the Little Joe Rep which was very helpful. Thanks!
A nice used "LiteHouse" would fit the bill if you can find one. You could save some cash!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #18

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Donna, wow amazing memory, looking at the thread it was only 2009 but I could not quite remember what company. Goes to show how good my box of rocks is rolling around upstairs ha ha. I wish there was a bow down were not worthy waynes world icon for you. Oh well, I send it to you in spirit
Thanks Ken, it was my pleasure to help. Until the last month, I think I had read 99% of the posts here on FiberglassRV, so I know where all the bones are buried
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:11 PM   #19

Name: Matt
Trailer: U-Haul VT16, Escape 19
California
Registry
I saw Wolf's Little Joe at Burney Falls last weekend. It was very well made. The trailer frame looked very sturdy and overall it had excellent fit & finish. Great details like the separate screen door and flush mount SMEV appliances, and a QUEEN bed!

Regards,

Matt
Old 12-07-2010, 04:36 AM   #20

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
I have a Lite House for two and from what I can tell, it's almost identical to the Little Joe. In researching the Lite House, I came across an article that said the Lite House molds were destroyed when the company went under so who knows?

The previous poster is correct; it does feel bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. I compare it to the tent in Harry Potter. I've hosted a party in mine with 7 people around the table.

The only worrisome aspect are the tiny 8" wheels. I always give them a careful inspection before starting a trip. The best thing is always being the smallest rig in the campground and getting lots of friendly attention.

Have all the fun allowed and a bit more!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #21

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlen Wolf View Post
I went by the Pelsue fiberglass layup facility and their buildout area in Lamar a few months ago and it looked like they had closed the buildout building (it was completely vacant) and there was no activity at the fiberglass layup facility. I have seen several of these units and they are very solid. They would make a very good adventure or safari rig but they were very expensive and heavy.

BTW - I was looking for a facility to build out some scientific research equipment in the Lamar CO area at the time and was interested in renting the buildout building.

Pelsue is a large supplier of equipment for the communications industry so the trailers are made for heavy industrial use. I think they are just a small part of their operations.

Orlen
I was thinking about the feasibility of using a stripped (empty, no cabinets) Pelsue trailer for cargo, so two days ago I wrote to the Pelsue company. I mentioned that someone drove by and thought they looked closed. They gave me the ballpark estimate I asked for and also said, "Iím not sure who drove by our facility, but we are busier than an ant hill next to a picnic basket."
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 AM   #22

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
Annabelle P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Craigslist
HERE IS A 2008 Little Joe fiberglass trailer for sale Looking for Casita or Scamp, check this small lightweight!!
"2008 Little Joe fiberglass trailer. It is comparable to Casita and Scamp, but weighs only 900 pounds! Great to pull with small vehicle! Basically a two person RV. It has stove, refrigerator, sink/pump, A/C, fantastic fan, seats make into large queen bed. Spare tire, stabilizer jacks and propane tank, - in excellent condition, well taken care of. Please call 817-386-4862 or 903-360-8289. Ready to use. "
$8500 (Benbrook)
Name:   3md3o13l05O05T55S1b3s2999bdfb0f31128a.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  7.0 KB
"Not my trailer Kevin K"
Old 04-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #23

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
Pretty cool. It looks a lot like my Lite•House with a few exceptions. I assume that the vent on the side is for a refrigerator? I'm guessing that at least one of the hatches is for battery access. The wheels look larger than the 8 inch ones on my camper. I'm guessing that the LJ has a longer tongue?

Tags
little joe