potential sale of burro trailer pennsylvania - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #15

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Tow or move onto some sort of hard stand, gravel, slag, Amesite. I can worm around under mine with ground to frame height of 13-14" but I'm compact (small boned except for my big head). I wouldn't be crawling under if it were up on jacks. Possible to use the tongue jack to get a bit more clearance under either end. That's as far as I'd go to introduce the general public to the undercarriage and definitely with wheel chocks.

You might get into the mid five figures on this one (say 4500) if the interior, floor and running gear are in sound, usable as is, drive away condition. The potential buyer will be frustrated by a situation in which it is neither convenient nor safe for establishing condition. Got to spruce her up and get the junk out. That's what a realtor would advise in the case of a brick and mortar house.

jack

Old 05-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #16

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Sounds like Rabbit is giving you good advice. If you decide to sell let us know, I for one might be interested in it for my son. Good luck on your decisions.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #17

Name: Rich
Trailer: Burro
Maine
glad I posted here

Yes it does sound like good advice. At least now I know it is potentially worth valuable time to look over. I should know the overall condition and have much better pictures up either beginning or end of June. It all depends on how soon I head down or get local assistance at cleaning it up and out.

Rich
Old 05-19-2013, 11:02 PM   #18

Maine
cleaning it up

Anyone got any advice on what kind of cleaners to use or even just what ones to avoid due to damaging things? I'll do a search for it in the forums tomorrow if I have time but just thought I'd ask in case. Time for bed work comes too early.

Rich
Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #19

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Tilex, TSP, bleach, car wash soap, Simply Green, Awesome Cleaner, 30 Second Outdoor Cleaner, elbow grease, etc., etc. They all work. Basically anything you might use on plastic patio furniture or to clean a fiberglass shower stall in your home.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #20

Maine
going to clean it should I bring it to maine or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Tilex, TSP, bleach, car wash soap, Simply Green, Awesome Cleaner, 30 Second Outdoor Cleaner, elbow grease, etc., etc. They all work. Basically anything you might use on plastic patio furniture or to clean a fiberglass shower stall in your home.
Ok thanks... didn't want to use the wrong stuff or waste money or useless products either. Now the end question is would I get more attention to it in Pennsylvania or Maine heh.

Rich
Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #21

Name: David
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ)
Colorado
In addition to Donna's list of cleaners, a very effective scouring powder is Bar Keepers Friend. It can be found in many grocery stores, as well as Lowes or Home Depot. I have used it many times for scrubbing out very stubborn, embedded, tree sap stains and squashed bugs.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #22

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
You shouldn't need to use any abrasive cleaner (BKF, Ajax, Bon Ami) on the interior. PA or Maine? Higher population density? PA. Higher per capita income? Southeastern PA. I lean toward PA providing the better buyer pool for those reasons.

jack
Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #23

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
If you clean up the outside with BKF and maybe some TSP, then hit it with floor wax like Red Max Pro or Zep Wet Look, you'll make about $100 an hour for your time.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #24

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
You shouldn't need to use any abrasive cleaner (BKF, Ajax, Bon Ami) on the interior. PA or Maine? Higher population density? PA. Higher per capita income? Southeastern PA. I lean toward PA providing the better buyer pool for those reasons.

jack
Yeah I think you are right. Plus until it sells I can always use it as a place to sleep when visiting my parents until other digs are setup.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #25

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihwild View Post
Yeah I think you are right. Plus until it sells I can always use it as a place to sleep when visiting my parents until other digs are setup.
Be careful, you may end up loving it like we do ours.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #26

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Be careful, you may end up loving it like we do ours.
Tom is right, these all molded towables are addictive. You may wonder... what in the 'EL was I thinking about when considering selling this terrific trailer!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #27

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Tom is right, these all molded towables are addictive. You may wonder... what in the 'EL was I thinking about when considering selling this terrific trailer!
Well I did say potential sale. But to be honest what I'm thinking is why am I keeping this trailer and doing nothing with it? I could bring it with me but some duty stations with the Coast Guard I'd end up spending more on storage fees and I'm not sure I could full time in one with two adults, two kids, a dog and two cats even if I did get stationed down south somewhere.
So it might be better off selling it. Who knows what the future may hold but the likely hood is I'm not done in the Coast Guard for at least another 5 years.
rich
Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #28

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Rich, You could always just post it here, and fiberglassrvforsale AS IS.........

Of course the sale price should reflect a, as is condition. But if it would save you the hassle of dealing with it, believe me there are plenty of buyers looking for a good deal. I hope you get multi offers getting you extra cash as well as saving you time and energy fixing/cleaning it up! Good Luck to you which ever you end up doing........

Tags
burro