potential sale of burro trailer pennsylvania - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #41

Trailer: Scamp Custom Deluxe 19 ft 5th Wheel
Hello Rich ~ Thank you for your note. I can come today, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. 540.660.9615 Maureen
Maureen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #42

Name: Nicole
Trailer: Looking
Europe
I am interested in this burro! Did you end up cleaning it up? Price?
Tricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #43

Name: Rich
Trailer: Burro
Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
I am interested in this burro! Did you end up cleaning it up? Price?
I'm making a trip hopefully tomorrow down to its location (400 miles away). I'll then look it over assess its condition in accordance to what all the advice recommended. At that point I will make a decision and if I do decide to sell (likely) I will come up with a price. Im going to try taking a bit to clean it and take more photos after I remove my stuff in it.
At that point it will end up in the sale section. I'm sorry if I'm slow at getting this figured out. I didn't realize the following that these have . I also have a lot going on right now. Which is part of the reason I'm looking to decide on selling it as I have enough going on then to take on another project.
Rich
ihwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #44

Name: Nicole
Trailer: Looking
Europe
Great! Let me know! This would be perfect for my little family.
Tricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #45

Maine
Dang can't find the friggin key. Going to pick the lock in morning. been up since 7 am Wed. Anyone know the make of lock? On a good note frame looks ok.

Rich
Old 06-07-2013, 12:56 AM   #46

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
If the hinges are on the outside can you just remove the hinge pins. Seems like it would be less expensive to take door off and take that in to get new key made rather than have a locksmith come out.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #47

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihwild View Post
Dang can't find the friggin key. Going to pick the lock in morning. been up since 7 am Wed. Anyone know the make of lock? On a good note frame looks ok.

Rich
If original, it's a Bargmann (sp) that is long discontinued but is keyed with a common blank. A local locksmith made me a key for it when I carried him the whole lock (which comes off easily from the inside.) Be careful not to break the lock when getting in; they are highly valued and expensive to replace, but tend to break rather easily.

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #48

Maine
I was able to pick the lock with a bobby pin. Thanks for the information on the lock make. Inside is worse then i hoped though so next trip is assessment time.
Rich
Old 06-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #49

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
I am down in NC - Durham area. I am looking at buying something to full time in. Whether I am interested will really depend on the year and body style though. I am not able to really refurb one before I live in it. It would have to be towable and in any event you will have to get the title, get at least a temp tag on it, tires, and running lights working to sell it to anyone.

Go in with a camera with a flash and take a bunch of pictures. Hook it up to a tow vehicle and yank it out of the weeds, or even just weed eat around it so that you can then get pics of the outside. Check the tires. If it has sat for a long time they will be rotten and need to be replaced.

Check the vin tag on the door frame. It should have a bunch of info that will give us more to go on. It certainly looks like a "project" but you can't be certain till you get more pics. I'm no expert but if it was closed up tight and didn't leak, then it could still be in good condition inside.
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #50

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcolby54 View Post
I am down in NC - Durham area. I am looking at buying something to full time in. Whether I am interested will really depend on the year and body style though. I am not able to really refurb one before I live in it. It would have to be towable and in any event you will have to get the title, get at least a temp tag on it, tires, and running lights working to sell it to anyone.

Go in with a camera with a flash and take a bunch of pictures. Hook it up to a tow vehicle and yank it out of the weeds, or even just weed eat around it so that you can then get pics of the outside. Check the tires. If it has sat for a long time they will be rotten and need to be replaced.

Check the vin tag on the door frame. It should have a bunch of info that will give us more to go on. It certainly looks like a "project" but you can't be certain till you get more pics. I'm no expert but if it was closed up tight and didn't leak, then it could still be in good condition inside.

I found some leaking due to a cracked roof vent and a window seal that dried out I guess either that or someone was screwing with the side windows. I did find the title to it. I'm not doing anything with it until I get back down again in PA. I did find a few soft spots in the floor so I'll be looking at that too. All the wood on the cabinets is ruined along with the table and a few other things. So I'm going to move her out and clean her out then go from there but not until probably August or something.

Rich
Old 07-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #51

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Rich Let me know!

Tags
burro