Proven Value of MF - Coach House? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Pete Dumbleton's Avatar
 
Trailer: Scamp
Posts: 3,072
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
If Chinook is the name of the fiberglass body on the Toyota chassis, then you know the one I have seen, although it was Sun Rader (or Raider) when I saw it. Bigfoot may also have made one.
__________________

__________________
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Posts: 335
Quote:
If Chinook is the name of the fiberglass body on the Toyota chassis, then you know the one I have seen, although it was Sun Rader (or Raider) when I saw it. Bigfoot may also have made one.
I saw one of these. The attention to detail in the fiberglass work is the best I've seen.
__________________

__________________
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Bobbie Mayer's Avatar
 
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Posts: 3,236
Registry
So how much is that Coach House?
__________________
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #18
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
...a [b]used 2005 Coach House motorhome for sale at [b]$105k.
That's a lot of zeros...
$105,000.00
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Posts: 335
Quote:
It's no problem, Steve... we're all interested in a variety of things... I have a 23' Born Free motorhome that is actually a combination of molded fiberglass panels... a different approach yet; although it has a 'sticky' & steel frame underneath the fiberglass panels.

It makes a great tow vehicle for our Bigfoot 25B25RQ molded fiberglass trailer!

Roger
Is the Born Free molded fiberglass in the same sense as Bigfoot, Casita, Scamp, etc. trailers? It looks like there are more sections than just two halves. There was another Class C MH even nicer in some respects than the Coach House that had an exterior put together similar to the Born Free. See Krystal.
__________________
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
David and Nancy's Avatar
 
Name: David
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ)
Colorado
Posts: 288
Chinook went out of business a few years ago, but there are still many around that look very similar to the Coach House MH's. Thirty years ago Chinook was making very lightweight models on a Toyota truck chassis, but they expanded beyond that long ago. I was just looking at one for sale locally that is a 1999 model built on a Ford E-450. The owner is claiming it has only 36000 miles on it and is asking $32,000. Pretty good price probably. It was probably $90,000 or so when new. Beautiful RV inside and out.

Steve, looks like you are actively shopping since selling your Bigfoot 17. Good luck with that!
__________________
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Posts: 335
Quote:
Chinook went out of business a few years ago, but there are still many around that look very similar to the Coach House MH's. Thirty years ago Chinook was making very lightweight models on a Toyota truck chassis, but they expanded beyond that long ago. I was just looking at one for sale locally that is a 1999 model built on a Ford E-450. The owner is claiming it has only 36000 miles on it and is asking $32,000. Pretty good price probably. It was probably $90,000 or so when new. Beautiful RV inside and out.

Steve, looks like you are actively shopping since selling your Bigfoot 17. Good luck with that!
Thanks Dave! Yes, we're actively shopping but a MH is not in our immediate plans. Finding a Bigfoot 21RB is our present focus.
__________________
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:34 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Roger H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Posts: 5,000
Quote:
Is the Born Free molded fiberglass in the same sense as Bigfoot, Casita, Scamp, etc. trailers? It looks like there are more sections than just two halves. There was another Class C MH even nicer in some respects than the Coach House that had an exterior put together similar to the Born Free. See Krystal.
No, Steve... the Born Free is not molded fiberglass in the same way that Chinook was. That's why the Chinook is substantially more expensive yet than the Born Free. However, the Born Free is made out of several molded panels, which are then glassed together at the seams. They don't use the standard flat fiberglass panels that most RVs are made of. The roof is a single molded piece, as is the cab-over nose. Then the sides are single molded pieces, attached by a single molded piece for an end cap. They are not self-supporting as most molded bodies are, but are set over a stickie frame that incorporates a three-piece steel roll-cage. The body was re-designed for the '08 model year on the Born Free mohos, and I believe that they use even fewer pieces than on the older design. The cab-over was also redesigned to be more aerodynamic and fuel-efficient.

Roger
__________________

__________________
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just got a Lite House Bill&Pat General Chat 15 03-21-2013 07:25 PM
Help Needed on Columbus Coach Liberty 16' trailer Dirk A Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 18 07-07-2012 01:45 PM
Generator House? James V Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 5 06-02-2010 10:59 AM
Same camp spot, different coach shane n General Chat 4 07-14-2009 09:37 AM
Holiday House BobB General Chat 3 11-05-2006 05:48 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.