Trailer insurance in British Columbia - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Money Matters
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-08-2018, 10:29 AM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 13' Boler
British Columbia
Registry
Trailer insurance in British Columbia

As a previous Albertan and now BC license plate holder for a few years, I'm curious as how insurance works for a custom made fiberglass trailer? Anyone have insurance experience?
I'd like to have full coverage if anything inside and exterior of the trailer were to happen.
Thanks
-Mark
fofobraselio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #2

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
B.C. Trailer Insurance

Hi Mark, I'm in B.C. and insure through BCAA as a member. This year I insured my 13 ft. 2004 Trillium Outback for a replacement value of $12,000. This also covers everything inside and outside the trailer, should it fall off, go missing, etc. The cost for 12 months was $192.00 Cdn.

More than what I paid for very little coverage with ICBC in the past which didn't cover replacement cost or any of the contents. But I used to only insure with them for 6 months of the year and the other 6 months was a $30 storage policy only. Now I have full coverage year round for a bit more money and a lot more peace of mind.

To come up with the replacement cost, I did a search on this site for similar units, age, etc. then averaged them out. The prices have certainly gone up in the last year. Must be the Boler 50th Anniversary event next month in Winnipeg that's making the demand outstrip the supply?!

Good luck with your search. Get some quotes.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
mine is coming up in August. just look up similar trailers and their selling prices and insure for that amount. Ours was $173 for all year through ICBC.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #4

Name: Mark
Trailer: 13' Boler
British Columbia
Registry
Thanks friends!
We will be on our way to BCAA to check them out.
:
fofobraselio is offline   Reply With Quote