What's it worth - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #21

Name: Johnny
Trailer: Eriba Puck
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl E. November View Post
Not to be hard core, but it seems you missed one of the main points of the small campers..
They are meant to be towed by small vehicles,, no need for oversize trucks and mega horsepower..
Regardless of what the manual says on the Civic, I'll bet it will pull it and if the trailer has electric brakes it will stop it too.

Now if pulling it voids the warranty,, that’s a separate issue
Well said. I tow a '62 Scotty (1000 lbs) with a VW Jetta and there is no tow rating in the US for the Jetta. I moved up to a Trillium (1300 lbs dry weight) and I am looking for something bigger than the Jetta.
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #22

Name: Brian
Trailer: Scamp
South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl E. November View Post
Not to be hard core, but it seems you missed one of the main points of the small campers..
They are meant to be towed by small vehicles,, no need for oversize trucks and mega horsepower..
Regardless of what the manual says on the Civic, I'll bet it will pull it and if the trailer has electric brakes it will stop it too.

Now if pulling it voids the warranty,, that’s a separate issue
I'm sure my Civic will pull it but my concern is with the warranty.The owner's manual clearly say's that it will void the warranty.My wife has a PT Cruiser that will pull it but with the bikes and everything else we take I dont think we could fit it all in.
We dont have any trips planned in the near future so I have some time to think about what I want to do.
Brian Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #23

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
If you sell the trailer, you will regret it, as you will want another.
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #24

Name: Ken
Trailer: 19' Scamp
Nebraska
How about a bike rack for the back of the trailer?
Earl E. November is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #25

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
My tow vehicle is a 2007 Toyota Tacoma, 4-cyl. 2WD, extended cab with tow pkg rated for 3500LB. My daily drive is a 2007 Chev Cobalt, 4-cyl, 5 spd. The Chev comes off the road at the end of April and insurance is cancelled. The truck goes on the road in April [hopefully after all the salt is washed off the roads] and insurance is reactivated. The truck goes off the road in October and the Chev goes back to my daily drive.
Yours is a nice looking rig and the upholstery does not look too bad. Good luck with it, whichever route you choose. D
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote