100W solar panel with controller for $120 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #21

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruban&Martha View Post
I notice at the very bottom of the ebay listing that duties and taxes are not included in the price and are the buyers responsibility. When you receive your panels, can you post what extra charges you ended up having to pay?

They arrived!!! These are the ones I paid low market price for at $114 each with free shipping direct from China. The box was plastered with stickers in Asian caricatures so I don't know all the countries they've been to but North Korea is one of them.

And... Ruban and Martha, there were not any extra charges.

No damage either. They were sandwiched two to a box with some thin foam between, and the two boxes then taped together.

I have attached a couple of pictures. There is a thin, removable temporary film on the surface keeping them safe from scratches. That is until they joined my household! The dogs are already testing them out.

They are very light weight at about 4 and a half pounds each. These will be very easy to transport.

If my maker is willing, I'll post again once I've plugged them in.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20171125_121930.jpg   IMG_20171125_121908.jpg  

IMG_20171125_122435.jpg   IMG_20171125_121922.jpg  

IMG_20171125_122623.jpg  
Buggeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #22

OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggeee View Post
...I don't know all the countries they've been to but North Korea is one of them....
Um... or not. I saw "Korean Air" on the sticker and assumed it sounded like a state owned agency, hence North of the Koreas. Google lets me know its just an airliner like any other so I have no idea where these panels have been. Probably not through the dear leader's stronghold I imagine.

But... I do know where they are now, they are in my camper. lol. I am getting the wiring sorted so I can plug them in and see how they work in the sunshine.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #23

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
BTW Buggeee, if you ever have to fly to Seoul, Korean Air is top notch.Click image for larger version

Name:	Korean-Air-747.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	114133
Old 11-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #24

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Buggeee, if you want an inexpensive ready-made rack for your panels if you are using them externally and not on the roof may I suggest:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I take my 2 panels and attach them to either side of the rack using spring clamps. I then stake bungee cords over the cross bars at the bottom of the legs so the rack is secured to the ground. It works great and you can change the angle the panels are at.

My rig:
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170916_150434_resized_1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	114145
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:58 PM   #25

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
This is not encouraging. The $31 dollar ad was removed two days after I ordered. I got this message from ebay:

The listing you're interested in is no longer available

Hello ddc_design, We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
253255444253 - Mono 20V 100W Flexible Solar Panel For Motorhome Boats Roof 12V Battery Charger

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Centre. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:
What to do if you didn't receive an item or it doesn't match the listing description

We wish you all the best on eBay and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

eBay still has lots of other great deals. Just go to http://www.ebay.ca to shop. We hope to see you soon.
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:07 PM   #26

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
I stake bungee cords over the bottom of the U formed by the frame that sits on the ground. The only time I had it tip over was in a 25 to 30 MPH gust before I had a chance to secure it with the bungee cords.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:14 PM   #27

OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
This is not encouraging. The $31 dollar ad was removed two days after I ordered. I got this message from ebay:

Hello ddc_design, We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:
253255444253 - Mono 20V 100W Flexible Solar Panel For Motorhome Boats Roof 12V Battery Charger

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Centre. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at:
What to do if you didn't receive an item or it doesn't match the listing description

We wish you all the best on eBay and hope your future experiences are pleasant and successful. If you have questions, please click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

eBay still has lots of other great deals. Just go to http://www.ebay.ca to shop. We hope to see you soon.
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
I got that too!!! LMAO. But of course.

Hey, just be glad you didn't also order the 11 dollar 50 watt flexible panel as well... I got the notice on that one too... Oh my goodness I'm such an idiot. (picture Chris Farley smacking his forehead)

I'm keeping track of the days so my eBay protection and PayPal protection requests are timely. We'll see how those work. Lol. What was I thinking on that? Like Mama said...
Old 11-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #28

OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Adams View Post
Buggeee, if you want an inexpensive ready-made rack for your panels if you are using them externally and not on the roof may I suggest:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I take my 2 panels and attach them to either side of the rack using spring clamps. I then stake bungee cords over the cross bars at the bottom of the legs so the rack is secured to the ground. It works great and you can change the angle the panels are at.

My rig:
Attachment 114145

Dude. That is a great idea!
Old 11-28-2017, 03:23 PM   #29

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post

Dave, I've received this same message from Ebay. Seem to remember it was also on some great deal on solar that a member posted about. I did get a refund to my Paypal account without having to open a case. Good luck to you.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #30

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
..I did get a refund to my Paypal account without having to open a case. ...
Perhaps we should update that famous age-old expression...
If its too good to be true, PayPal will issue a refund.

gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #31

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
There has been a revision to an old saying...it is now stated as

"you don't always get what you paid for"
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:41 PM   #32

Name: stefan
Trailer: 76 Trillium 1300
Waterloo, Ontario
So now the EXACT same ad as originally posted is priced at $89.99 with free shipping.

Hmmm. Makes me wonder.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexible-So...8AAOSwehZZ7xKU

The only other thing this seller says is exhaust tips. Weird.

Another one for 200W (2x100) with controller for $180.00 with free shipping from the same guy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mono-Solar-...4383.l4275.c10
stefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:48 AM   #33

OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefman View Post
So now the EXACT same ad as originally posted is priced at $89.99 with free shipping.

Hmmm. Makes me wonder.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flexible-So...8AAOSwehZZ7xKU

The only other thing this seller says is exhaust tips. Weird.

Another one for 200W (2x100) with controller for $180.00 with free shipping from the same guy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mono-Solar-...4383.l4275.c10

The ones I got that actually arrived were also from a fresh seller (June or July) in China. This seller is since August. That is an odd mix of product being offered by this seller. Part of me is wondering if this stuff is falling off the back of a truck, so to speak, in China and that's why the mixed bag?

The ones I did not receive were from sellers that had no other items or history whatsoever. For whatever that's worth.

Tags
solar, solar panel