12 volt - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2003, 01:22 AM   #29

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The invertor that is on it would not even cost $30 so dont add more than that to the cost of the jump it for the invertor. IMHO, if you are gonna spend $160, buy a Colman 400 watt invertor from Target ($29) and a Jump it from Harbor Freight ($59- 650 amp) and save the other $60 for another jump it later or you could just buy 2 jump its now and still have the same invested as the unit you are looking at. In other words, although Camping Worlds unit is all in one, it is a little high in price. On top of that the invertor is a little smaller and attached to the jump it ( but can you remove it when the jump it is shot?).

I just bought the above mentioned Colman invertor and it is a modified sine wave (good) and will run every light I own in my spacious 60 sq. ft. as well as a radio (dont have a TV though).

HTH
Rich

Old 05-22-2003, 07:44 AM   #30

Jump it's

Thanks, Rich. I was wondering if it was more fluff than function. I could get a pretty good sized converter for that and a jump it or two, right?

I just like the fact that it was in one package and you could even recharge that one with another jump it. Perhaps they are all that way, huh?

Old 05-22-2003, 02:14 PM   #31

Correct

Coleman 400 watt converter=$29
Jump it #1 =$59
Jump it #2 =$59
Total = $150 and they want $160 for the one from Camper World.

If I understand it right, you want to charge a dead jump it with another jump it? Do you mean without one of them pluged in? Forget that option, its lose-lose. I believe if a jump it is dead and it has an invertor on it, another good jump it can run through the invertor so you still have use of the 120v power. If you want to recharge one jump it with another with one pluged in, ya that should work but probally not the most efficient way (takes longer) and probally not the best for the batterys (shorten life).

Im not saying the Camper World one is a bad value, it just dont seem to be as good of a value as doing it another way. Of course, there is more than one way to skin a cat, you just have to find a way that works good for you and your pocketbook.

"more fluff than function" I think it has a pretty hefty price for the all in one convience.

HTH
Rich
Old 05-23-2003, 07:46 AM   #32

one nice things about having two jumpits, is one can be recharged when the other is running what ever. I bought one of those inverter battiey things on wheels. sounded really good, powerful, found you can not charge it and run off it at the same time. why I would want to do this I'm not sure, but I might :).