1976 Trillium Wiring to Rewire - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
1976 Trillium Wiring to Rewire

I found the old Trillium wiring diagram. I would like to update the wiring completely to add in a proper breaker panel/fuse box. So when I add things like a power roof vent fan (like I already have) I don't have to randomly install a fuse in the line.

The point in the long run is to add in a solar charge controller and a proper inverter. I was searching Youtube videos (Because I am a visual learner), along with forum posts here but can't seem to find the right thing.

I would just love to take it in somewhere and have it done but no RV service providers around here like working on these older (read, nor square and standard) trailers.

Any help and comments are appreciated.
Paul McEwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Paul, if the originally installed Progressive Dynamics power converter is still installed in your Trillium, you could replace it with an AC/DC power distribution center combined with a AC to DC power converter and battery charger. The thread linked below provides a picture of the original Trillium power converter and mentions in post #9 that you could replace it with a WFCO WF-8735.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ork-51620.html
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
We don't have a power converter at all. If we plug in shore power then it enables a single 110 outlet and a single light above the sink. All 12 volt lights and vent fan rely on the battery being in place on the tongue. The fridge has to be manually switched - But I'll check out that post. Thanks.
Paul McEwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Paul, okay then two options you have are:

1. Add a 12 vdc fuse panel where your battery wires come inside the camper. You could have 3 circuits (one each for lights, vent fan and fridge). Note that its generally not practical to power the fridge with the battery because the fridge will exhaust the battery power in a few hours. Use a smart charger to charge the battery when shore power is available, and/or add a solar panel and solar charge controller. I went this route. I also added a small AC to DC power supply for providing 12vdc power when shore power is available.

2. Add an AC/DC power distribution center combined with a AC to DC power converter and battery charger. This is a one stop solution. Again you can also add a solar panel and solar charge controller.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium