2 batteries - CPAP machine? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-25-2015, 02:03 PM   #15
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
My husband and I carry Shumaker power packs from Walmart. We use a version of this http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-XP2...T9T08FD8NW8ZFA

It has come in handy for all kinds of things. We always try to think, what all can it be used for. Easily charged while we are sight seeing, for the next couple of nights.

If we have power outages in the house, in the night, we can plug in and sleep as normal.

They last for years, and have been well worth it.

Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #16
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
Don't get me started on the prevalence of prescribing colonoscopies.
Hummm something tells me if you had lost 2 family members to colon cancer due to never having had a routine colonoscope as part of a check up and another who has won their personal war on colon cancer due to early detection via a routine colonoscopy you might not be rolling your eyes at the prevalence of doctors suggesting folks have a colonoscopy.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #17
Name: Rob
Trailer: New 1973 Compact II
Saved me. And the procedure isn't too bad if dying of something besides colon cancer interests you.
Rob V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:33 AM   #18
Name: Russ
Trailer: Scamp 16' side dinette
No matter how many batteries you have consider solar charging to get them back up to full charge.
Two batteries is good though if you are camping in dark cloudy weather or in heavily forested areas where daily sunlight is sketchy.
Two CPAPs can tax one battery as well.
Here in southern California a solar charger is much more important than the second battery though.
My Respironics system One CPAP draws about half of the current draw listed on the tag while not using the heated humidifier. It will use about 10% of a 100 amp hour battery during the typical night.
The humidifier is just a resistance heater. The higher you turn it up the more current it uses. I have found that I can run my humidifier on 1 while on battery power and it does not blow the fuse, and it does not hit the battery too hard. Usually I just leave the heater off and fill the tank for passive humidification.
ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #19
Name: Russ
Trailer: Scamp 16' side dinette
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post

Am I alone in wondering why so many people need these machines?
I would guess that it is usually due to most Americans being overweight. A little flab around the windpipe collapses when inhaling.
Obesity causes many more problems, but a CPAP can keep us around a little longer. I am grateful for mine!

ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote