5000 BTU in a Casita - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2019, 05:55 AM   #21

Name: Phil
Trailer: Cargo Conversion
Tennessee
Thank you! My biggest concern with mini-splits is vibration during travel, which they're not designed for. Window units aren't designed for vibration either, of course. But mine costs $135 a pop, where mini-splits are considerably higher. At this point, I'm definitely aiming towards a nice, flat-roofed cargo conversion (with at least a factory bathroom and tanks) that I can easily mount panels on. Already having a cargo, I can say that they share many of the virtues I admire so much in fiberglass trailers (low maintenance, light weight, very few leaks, long useful life, low effective cost). So, unless I hit a roadblock that's where I think I'm going. I'm grateful for the friendly reception here while passing through, though! If this plan doesn't work out or I just get tired of cargos (or if a suitable-for-large-solar-array fiberglass trailer comes onto the market, for that matter) I'll likely be back. Otherwise, this will be my last posting here. Again, thank you!
Lapine Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:24 AM   #22

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
So far I only have about 25,000 miles in my 16' Scamp with the 9000 BTU mini-split so I can't say how much longer it will hold up in Mobile duty.
Currently on our way home on our Great Southwest tour and about 6000 miles so far .
We have used both heat and cooling from the heat pump so we don't have a separate heater.
On a properly designed trailer mounted on the tongue it would not have that much vibration, at least on my Scamp with 14" tires and 3000 lb. Flexiride axle.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita