Advice on Scamp 13 power please - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2015, 09:58 AM   #1

Name: Craig
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Advice on Scamp 13 power please

Power Control Center. I don't see a model number.
The Inteli Power PD9130 has a 3 prong AC power plug that is not plugged in.
Should I plug this into the AC power jack on the Power Control Center?

ID label on Inteli Power PD9130

Wires from Inteli Power PD9130 to Power Control Center. Also AC jack. Plug PD9130 into this?

cootcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
The converter must receive shore power. If the block in your third photo is where the shore power comes in, then you'd plug it in there. The PD9130 is not designed to be hard wired on the AC side. This a really simple connection, but if you don't know what you're doing, I'd highly recommend you let a pro do it.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:46 PM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
That looks like a Progressive Dynamics power control center with a total of 6 AC breakers. One should have been dedicated to the converter. Take a look at what each one is connected to and you should find one is connected to that AC outlet you mentioned and is intended for the converter. If not, it's easy to have one added to the existing breakers and use that for power to the PD3190. I'd almost bet that some of those breakers are currently unused.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #4

Name: Craig
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
That looks like a Progressive Dynamics power control center with a total of 6 AC breakers. One should have been dedicated to the converter. Take a look at what each one is connected to and you should find one is connected to that AC outlet you mentioned and is intended for the converter. If not, it's easy to have one added to the existing breakers and use that for power to the PD3190. I'd almost bet that some of those breakers are currently unused.
It is a Progressive Dynamics power control center, but I don't see any model id.
The AC outlet on the back of the power control center is on an AC branch
circuit breaker.

I've tracked these AC branch circuits.

1) Main
2) AC outlet for converter
3) Sink cabinet power outlet and fluorescent light
4) ??
5) Air Conditioner unit
6) ??

I would think 4 or 6 is the refrigerator circuit. Is there an easy way to
tell when the refrigerator has AC power?
cootcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:36 PM   #5

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Scamp has Arrived - Layout 7
Minnesota
By all means do plug it in. We have the same set up and that darn plug has a habit of coming out of the receptacle every now and then. Some day I may get around to figuring out a clip or clamp of something to keep it from vibrating out.

Dan
Dan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:37 PM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
The 120VAC for the refrigerator is usually a plug, plugged into an outlet behind the refrigerator. You can check that outlet for power or just turn it on, set the refrigerator to 120VAC operation and, in about 30 minutes, see if the outside of the boiler cover starts to get warm.

If one has a plug falling out, it might just need a new receptacle as this usually doesn't happen and a loose connection will run hot in use, making it even looser.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:57 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Not necessarily Bob. My scamp has the identical setup. Unfortunately, they don't finesse their design on anything they do. My power cord is rammed in there with NO compartmentalism in mind at all. My cord has made mine to come unplugged from my panel as well. On the other hand, Progressive should have had a little more positive restraint designed in themselves.

I've read where some have used zip ties to hold them in. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet. It IS difficult to get to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
The 120VAC for the refrigerator is usually a plug, plugged into an outlet behind the refrigerator. You can check that outlet for power or just turn it on, set the refrigerator to 120VAC operation and, in about 30 minutes, see if the outside of the boiler cover starts to get warm.

If one has a plug falling out, it might just need a new receptacle as this usually doesn't happen and a loose connection will run hot in use, making it even looser.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Cool Receptacles

I installed a new receptacle for my front hall (in my house, not my Trillium). I think I accidentally bought a hold tight design because it is difficult to plug and unplug things in it.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp