Advice on using an inverter and Amp usage - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #41

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I just noticed that you have a 2000 Scamp. Isn't there a DC fuse panel in the power chassis under the dinette seat? You can run your wires from there.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #42

Name: Ronnie
Trailer: 2000 Scamp 13, 72 Alpine Sprite
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
I just noticed that you have a 2000 Scamp. Isn't there a DC fuse panel in the power chassis under the dinette seat? You can run your wires from there.
I will look and see today, but I dont recall ever seeing any fuse panels other than the breaker panel for 110. It's a pretty bare model compared to others. It does have 2 12v lights though. It has an in line fuse at the battery connector.
bicklebok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #43

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicklebok View Post
I will look and see today, but I dont recall ever seeing any fuse panels other than the breaker panel for 110. It's a pretty bare model compared to others. It does have 2 12v lights though. It has an in line fuse at the battery connector.
There is the fuse at the battery but there is also another inline fuse usually just inside the trailer under the rat fur at the point the wiring comes into the trailer. Dont know about the 2000 Scamp but my 92 also has a number of fuses right inside the converter - have to take the converter top off of it in order to see them.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #44

Name: Ronnie
Trailer: 2000 Scamp 13, 72 Alpine Sprite
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
There is the fuse at the battery but there is also another inline fuse usually just inside the trailer under the rat fur at the point the wiring comes into the trailer. Dont know about the 2000 Scamp but my 92 also has a number of fuses right inside the converter - have to take the converter top off of it in order to see them.

Thanks again Carol. My Scamp is really bare minimum on options, and doesnt have a convertor. I looked last night for a fuse panel and didnt see one. I will look one more time to be sure.
bicklebok is offline   Reply With Quote