Amazon deal on inverter generator, less than $400 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-24-2016, 05:10 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,301
Registry
Amazon deal on inverter generator, less than $400

see here for details https://smile.amazon.com/WEN-56200i-...CFKEZH642DWD4A
__________________

__________________
Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:28 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
sokhapkin's Avatar
 
Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
Posts: 451
I have a coupon for Harbor freight generator Inverter Generator - 4.7HP, 2500W Inverter Generator for $349.99. I'm not going to use the coupon, PM me if you want to get the coupon.
__________________

__________________
Sergey
www.callwithus.com
sokhapkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:49 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Bobbie Mayer's Avatar
 
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970/Escape 15A
Washington
Posts: 3,099
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Anyone here have one? The reviews are good.
__________________
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
sokhapkin's Avatar
 
Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
Posts: 451
It looks like the same generator sold by Walmart (PM2000i), just slightly different skin and control panel.
__________________
Sergey
www.callwithus.com
sokhapkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #5
Member
 
Name: Dan
Trailer: Scamp
Iowa
Posts: 37
Registry
Just bought for $379 prime.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
Curbfeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Posts: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Already sold out at that price.
__________________
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Joe
Trailer: 1999 Casita 17' SD
Ohio
Posts: 319
Based on engine displacement as a reference only I wonder if the ratings are accurate or at least close to Honda's

Some ratings are exaggerated and Honda's might possibly be conservative.

Honda ie2000u 1600/2000 and 98.5cc displacement.
Wen 1600/2000 and 79.7cc displacement.
__________________
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Name: Rob
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Posts: 173
At first I was considering solar panels but maybe a generator is a better alternative to recharging my battery while dry camping?

I figured it takes up less space and I can run an air conditioner if need be. But then again it might not make sense to get a generator to recharge the battery when I can just use jumper cables to the car and run it for an hour?
__________________
Bluetang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Name: Joe
Trailer: 1999 Casita 17' SD
Ohio
Posts: 319
Rob.

Running an automobile just to charge your camper's battery is not very effecient.

Joe
__________________
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:03 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Name: Rob
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Romas View Post
Rob.

Running an automobile just to charge your camper's battery is not very effecient.

Joe
I figured maybe I could just plug it into my 12v receptacle in my car when running into town and letting it charge that way?

Eventually I'd like to go the generator or solar route but probably next season.
__________________
Bluetang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:03 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 3,617
I have a generator and I have two 40 watt solar panels. I have no air.
I ask myself the same questions every time I go camping. If I take the generator, I need to pack a gas can and if I run it, I'll annoy neighbours.
If I take the portable panels, I need sunlight and it takes longer to charge the battery than using the generator. I would also worry about theft when not at camp ( although I've seen lots of people just leave them out and go fishing ).
The panels and the generator weigh about the same.
In the event of a power failure at home, I can pull out the generator and run emergency power for a small heater or to run fridge/freezer ( I'd actually just move into the trailer and run everything on propane ).
Over to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Solar Honda.jpg  
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:09 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Name: Rob
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I have a generator and I have two 40 watt solar panels. I have no air.
I ask myself the same questions every time I go camping. If I take the generator, I need to pack a gas can and if I run it, I'll annoy neighbours.
If I take the portable panels, I need sunlight and it takes longer to charge the battery than using the generator. I would also worry about theft when not at camp ( although I've seen lots of people just leave them out and go fishing ).
The panels and the generator weigh about the same.
In the event of a power failure at home, I can pull out the generator and run emergency power for a small heater or to run fridge/freezer ( I'd actually just move into the trailer and run everything on propane ).
Over to you.
Can you plug one of those small generators into a 30 amp shore power outlet which feeds a converter and run a dorm fridge, 12v water pump and 110v/12v receptacles in the camper?
__________________
Bluetang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:22 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
Posts: 1,159
I have a Champion 3500/4000 that has the 30A receptacle! But it's loud. On the smaller gens, you can use the 30A to 15A adapter. You will have to figure up the wattage you will be pulling- knowing the amperage/watts of the fridge, how much you're pulling through the converter, then how much you will hook up to the ac outlets. As long as it doesnt exceed the wattage of your gen, you're ok. Your gen will certainly let you know when it's had enough but it's always best to leave a 30% or better margin...or at least I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetang99 View Post
Can you plug one of those small generators into a 30 amp shore power outlet which feeds a converter and run a dorm fridge, 12v water pump and 110v/12v receptacles in the camper?
__________________
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Name: Rob
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
I have a Champion 3500/4000 that has the 30A receptacle! But it's loud. On the smaller gens, you can use the 30A to 15A adapter. You will have to figure up the wattage you will be pulling- knowing the amperage/watts of the fridge, how much you're pulling through the converter, then how much you will hook up to the ac outlets. As long as it doesnt exceed the wattage of your gen, you're ok. Your gen will certainly let you know when it's had enough but it's always best to leave a 30% or better margin...or at least I do.
That's good to know, thanks. I only have a fridge in there that would be the power hog, maybe a heater in the winter. If anything I would imagine all the 12v appliances/receptacles have a much lower wattage so I could probably run more of those.
__________________

__________________
Bluetang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
generator


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scamp, older model, less than 5K wanted in Midwest Amanda D Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 0 06-06-2009 07:31 PM
Not once, but TWICE in less than an hour! Monica M General Chat 13 04-30-2009 05:35 PM
Looking for Used Lite Weight Travel Trailer Less than 2000 lbs MarciaK Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 16 04-09-2009 06:30 AM
Brand New Bigfoot for less than what the dealer paid! Greg A Classified Archives 11 03-11-2009 05:06 PM
Looking for Trailer less than 2000 pounds andrew ferguson Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 4 08-25-2007 08:08 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.