any idea for porch light ? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
The lighting fixtures at Mercer's Marine are primarily for ship board use but having seen and handled many of the ones they have on the shelves I am convinced that they would have applications in a trailer. The staff are knowledgeable about the products they sell.
They may send you a catalogue.

I will be heading for Barnestead NH in July. Anyone want me to pick something up??

There is another outfit in Truro, NS that sells a lot of new LED light fixtures but I can't find the catalogue. It probably got tossed in the move... if I find it, I'll post it.
D.
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #22

Name: Tim
Trailer: Tiffin allegro
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by boler75 View Post
Hi, i need a porch light on my Boler '75, i want to have a flat surface on exterior (like airplane light). Any idea ??

Thank's !
If you can make or have a small hole where the light goes there is a Smart light 1000. It is motion activated or manual and monitors the battery.
When wired to a switch it is set to automatic by switching from off to on quickly. if it is off then switch to on then off then on. It also has a photo sensor so it's off when light out.
They run between $50 - $70 depending on where you buy it.
RTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #23

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
It took a bit of work, but I added a portion of a 16' waterproof LED strip light just under the awning of my Escape 17... <snip>
Great idea! When we re-did our kitchen 2 years ago I replaced all the halogen lights with LED strips. The light is bright and diffuse at the same time. I'll have to remember this for when we get the Scamp in June!
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
I found another catalogue. Trailica, Inc, 1021 Limoges Road, Limoges, ON, Canada, K0A 2M0 [Kilo zero alpha two mike zero] www.trailica.com

It is located east of Ottawa, a short distance off Hwy 417.

I have not done business with this outfit so I can't recommend or not recommend.

Page 92, Item #12715,12716,12717 looks a lot like a Trillium OE
Item #10524 Thin-lite #162 weatherproof outdoor area light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boler75 View Post
Hi, i need a porch light on my Boler '75, i want to have a flat surface on exterior (like airplane light). Any idea ??

Thank's !
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light