Back to LED lights again, grrr - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #15

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
Thanks Jack. I kept looking for something in LED bulbs that matched with 1141 non-bayonet style. I wasn't getting anywhere with that kind of search.

S.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #16

Texas
And would the panel shape of the flat ones use a double-sided tape to mount to the silver panel thing behind the "normal" bulb that is now in my fixtures?

S.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #17

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonM View Post
This is what Scamp has to say on their site about lights:

Changing light bulbs

To change the 12 volt lamps, remove the cover by gently squeezing and pulling the cover off. Push on the bulb and rotate to remove. Replace with the same model bulb. Push the bulb in the socket, and rotate to seat the pins on the base. Replace the cover and snap it in place. The inside dome lights will use an 1141 bulb. The double filament tail light bulb is an 1157, and the marker lights use a number 18 95 bulb.
The LED at this link is the direct replacement LED for the incandescent 1895 bulb described by Scamp above.

Might be available cheaper elsewhere, of course.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #18

Texas
well, scamp said: "The double filament tail light bulb is an 1157, and the marker lights use a number 1895 bulb."

The 1895 is supposedly a marker light -- I'm replacing 4 dome lights inside my trailer. Does that make a difference? I mean, is there a huge difference in brightness maybe?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #19

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
If there is space in the fixture and a flat surface to adhere to with the included double sticky, yes, the flat panels work well and put their light thru the lens rather than heating the reflector behind them.

jack
Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #20

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonM View Post
well, scamp said: "The double filament tail light bulb is an 1157, and the marker lights use a number 1895 bulb."

The 1895 is supposedly a marker light -- I'm replacing 4 dome lights inside my trailer. Does that make a difference? I mean, is there a huge difference in brightness maybe?
I thought you were talking about the marker lights...for the dome lights, what number is on the bulb you're taking out of them? Most have a number on the base- Googling that number and "LED replacement for" should result in the proper bulb coming up.

I think the 1895 does come in a "weaker" luminescence...seems to me I saw some sets of four that were pretty cheap but not bright enough for exterior sidelights.

Francesca
Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #21

Texas
Francesca, believe it or not, I'm just trying to replace the interior lights in my trailer with an equivalent LED. Why this is causing me so many problems and such diverse opinions (starting from beginning of thread where several posts said they replaced their lights with the exact ones I ordered that didn't fit my sockets) is beyond me. I have a very routine ho-hum 2011 Scamp 16' which I just acquired this past Sunday. All I want are some dam*** LED lights like everybody else has!!! Oh well...

I ordered the ones you recommended. I ordered one of the ones Jack recommended. I suspect there will be problems per usual and I'll do some more ordering of some more lights. At this point, all I can do is order order order until I get it right.

Sharon
Old 03-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #22

Delaware
Sharon, I suspect that several of us are advising based on experience with older models. And one of us played a hunch based on what he said earlier about the predominance of T-10 bases in aftermarket fixtures. That would be me. Francesca did the legwork and linked you to the precise replacement. A T-10 base is a T-10 base.

A further source of possible confusion is the tendency of many of us to equate this output rating with a certain sort of base. The numbers for incandescents and incandescent equivalents (1156, 1141, 1103) have to do with light output rather than the base connection despite the vernacular shortcut. I hope you do NOT have complications ordering on my rec and Francesca's. The flat panel is only an alternative and not intended by me to confuse you. There is no need to order those if you have ordered the tower type bulbs. You are free to do your own research and under no obligation to buy anything based on my recommendation.

jack
Old 03-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #23

Texas
I don't feel obliged, Jack. After all, I ordered (on my own) the first 4 bulbs, of only which one fit the "spotlight" in the back corner. I do believe different models present different options, and I likewise believe I need to keep ordering one kind of bulb after another until I get a positive hit. I'm just surprised this has proven to be so difficult. God forbid I ever have a "real" problem, eh?

All of this is brand new to me, and many of you have been doing this for many many years. You've got the experience, just not always the "part numbers" so to speak -- and how could you have those memorized when they change all the time, and between models.

I just looked at a white number printed on one of the dome bulbs: 921. No idea how to use this number, at this point, to narrow my search. Meanwhile, I'll wait for the slow boat to/from China to deliver one set of bulbs I ordered (2-3 weeks), and a couple of days to get the ones from Amazon.

Dare I ask... but does anybody know what LED bulbs, if any, replace the long light over the kitchen sink? Is that strictly a 120 connection? I ask because it doesn't respond to being turned on and I'm waiting for an extension cord from my brother for shore/house power.

Good night all.

Sharon
Old 03-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #24

Registry
Nobody answer that!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding...however:

Sharon. Dear, dear Sharon.

On page one of this thread someone asked for pictures of the original fixtures/bulbs, and I myself asked for numbers from the same. So far, we haven't seen either...

We're doing our best here, but...well...you see...I don't know how else to say this...

For cryin' out loud! Give us SOMETHING TO WORK WITH HERE!!!!!!

Francesca

P.S.

And do NOT touch that "add to cart" button until we know what we're talkin' about here.....

F.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #25

Texas
My new iphone with camera will arrive the middle of next week. Until then, I live in the "miserable" world of one-dimensional communication where the written WORD is all I have. Be patient with me... I'm already trembling with my next problem: I have ordered a cover for my 2 propane tanks, but there's a tube that crosses behind the tanks and around the back towards the battery. I'm gonna have to figure out how to move that stiff tube around so the cover can sit flat -- and without blowing myself up.

I need a pizza and beer. And a hug.

Sharon

PS -- the # on the bulb is 921
Old 03-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #26

Registry
- Now we're gettin' somewhere!

Here's an assortment, different intensities.

I am wondering, though- you talked about "pulling it off a plastic base"- any chance you inadvertantly separated the bulb from the base???

Francesca

P.S.

This is for you:
Attached Thumbnails
233052025_28be359fc51.jpeg  
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #27

Texas
Nah, all those dome bulbs pull out. You can pull out the base also, only about an inch or so because there are 2 white cords that run into the bottom of it that stop you from pulling any further. I put all the bulbs back in their tiny little slot on the base, shoved the base back in, and they all turned on.

Back to the booze........

S.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #28

Delaware
This stuff from Spoetzl Brewing in the Lone Star is real good. Every Shiner is brewed in Shiner. It lights up my life.

jack

Tags
lights