Battery time - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 08:28 PM   #1

Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Burro
Utah
Battery time

I'm in my Burro for the first time since I bought it last November so I'm working on understanding how everything works.

Apparently the fuse for the ceiling lights is loose and the lights will flicker on when I'm messing with it, but then the lights are off when I stop. The fuse seems fine. What's the best way to get the fuse to sit right so the lights stay on?

Also my battery just died... I'm in a Walmart parking lot for the night so it was my only power. I did have the trailer plugged in all last night to the house hoping it would be charged. Should it have been charged that way? I have other lights but I wont have a water pump which will suck. I have unplugged the trailer from the truck as I don't want my truck battery drained.

The wiring must actually be skewompus because when I checked the outside driving lights before I left, they were all working except one of the forward side lights on the Burro. I figured that wasn't a big deal as I wasn't planning on driving in the dark. However when I unplugged the truck and all the fuses are off on the Burro, that outside light came on... So I think something is wrong with the wiring.

So maybe it's the incorrect wiring that drained the battery?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Cynthiablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:53 PM   #2

Name: Jacob
Trailer: Scamp
Iowa
Registry
That definitely a good possibility, if its anything like the Scamp the wiring comes in through the front bench and they use crimp splices, I had trouble with the front passenger light and it ended up being a loose ground, but if you had a shorted ground or hot wire for that bulb it could cause all kinds of problems.

I would start with tracing the wiring from the light working out of turn and see if you have a short along the line. It sounds like you could just have a ground issue overall.

Wiring issues are always lots of fun, best of luck.
jjorgensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:05 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
Have WalMart service department do a load test on your battery to determine its ability to hold a charge. If your light bulbs have been changed out to LED's it is common for flickering to occur. Remove the bulbs (if LED) and use a knife to scrape the copper contacts.
Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:21 AM   #4

Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Burro
Utah
Thanks for the info. I opted to check the propane first (all full) since I have power until Monday. Will get the battery checked out early next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Cynthiablue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery