Battle Born battery at zero state of charge - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2020, 07:11 PM   #21

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
MD
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Battleborn wants you to charge for at least 20 minutes per battery at 14.4 volts. This is the voltage when the cell balancing takes place. While you don't need to do it every day, charging to less than that constantly does not balance the cells, which can result in a shorter overall battery life.
Jon, you are right. I didn't really understand this until I saw the interview with the Battleborn CEO on Wil Prowse's YouTube channel. He recommended charging it up fully and holding it there overnight, then you can let it self-discharge for a few months in storage. The other thing I didn't know was that you should store them in "temperate" environments (my words, not his) to improve longevity. I think these are all details around the edges and that I will never live to run out of cycles on these batteries even with my amateurish bungling.
Air Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery