Boler interior lights not working - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Boler interior lights not working

We just inherited a 1980 17 ft Boler that needs a lot of work. I plugged in the electric, switched the converter over to 110 and tried the interior lights. The back couch, sink and door lights work, but the dinnette and bathroom lights do not. I checked the bulbs and no easy luck there.

Could there be the equivalent of a fuse for these two lights that I should check. Or is it likely the first (of many) nasty surprises and more along the lines of new wiring required?
kingjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #2

Name: andrew
Trailer: 17 boler
Ontario
I also just bought a 17'.

I had a few lights were the light bulb touch the light need to be bent a light, after years of use it had been pushed too far back. all i did was pull it up a little so when the bottom of the bulb touched it, it would make a better contact.

If you do this, make sure the trailer isn't plugged in as you will feel it.

other than that, you might test it with a voltage test to check for power
andrew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Jack, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here.

Sorry, I can't help with your light problem. I know nothing about electrical stuff. In my case it either works or it doesn't....
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #4

Name: Brian
Trailer: 13 foot 1992 SCAMP
Arizona
I have a similar problem, so I hope someone helps you out!
GROVER 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #5

Name: Jack
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Someone suggested that these two lights, which are closest to the front of the trailer and therefore closest to the battery, may indeed not go through the converter at all but run right off the battery. So with this info I went back and re-read the electrical thread and there was a post about 'creative electrical wiring' when looking for where the 12V fuse panel might be located. Sounds like this could indeed be the case here.....now just have to go get a battery to try it out instead of assuming that we only have to plug in the trailer and use the converter. I can't really understand why someone would just wire two lights off of the battery except for I guess laziness, but I will investigate.
kingjac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, lights