CPAP on battery power issues? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #81

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
I used a CPAP for a few years, even running an extension cord into the tent when camping.
I dieted, lost 20 pounds, and haven't needed the CPAP since.
YMMV
I doubt for those of us with COPD or Pulmonary Thrombosis, that comment is much help. True Sleep Apnea, which is a neurological disorder, can hit really skinny people too and losing 20 lbs isn't really much of an option. Thanks for the information.
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:23 PM   #82

Name: Russ
Trailer: Scamp 16' side dinette, Airstream Safari 19'
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
I doubt for those of us with COPD or Pulmonary Thrombosis, that comment is much help. True Sleep Apnea, which is a neurological disorder, can hit really skinny people too and losing 20 lbs isn't really much of an option. Thanks for the information.
Roger was speaking of obstructive sleep apnea which is a physical or anatomically caused syndrome. Weight loss helps reduce the causes.
Central apneas are caused by non physical ways, and are not usually treated with CPAP. Sometimes central apneas can be exagerated by CPAP use. CPAP merely keeps your airway inflated so It can't flap shut when inhaling.
Russ
ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:20 AM   #83

Registry
Has anyone looked at the Renogy Monocrystalline 100W Solar Panels?
Old 10-02-2014, 07:23 AM   #84

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
I have two, and one more on the way I bought last week. I have not actually used them yet, but they look OK. I plan to mount two on the roof of the Scamp and keep one portable. I suggest shopping around. I bought my first panel as part of a kit with a 20A MPPT controller and assorted bits (mounts, wire) off ebay with free shipping from Renogy. The next two panels I also bought off ebay from Renogy with free shipping on a couple of different occasions. By adding them to my "Watch List" I could see when they "put them on sale" and paid $129 each instead of the $150 or so regular price. Also, by getting on Renogy's site I am on an e-mail list and they send out %5 or 10% off deals occasionally. I still have not found it cheaper than buying off ebay. They also list on Amazon if that is your preference.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #85

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
I have two of the Renogy 100 watt flexible panels (rec'd yesterday), so have not used them yet. I did have one 100 watt (non flexible) solar panel on the front of our Scamp 13', and it more than kept up with our demand of 12 volt only Danfoss style refrigerator, LED lights, and water pump. We had used it for 12 weeks at a time for a couple of years, and was very satisfied. I wish I had known about the flexible style solar panel back then, as it would have mounted well on the curved surfaces of the Scamp. I think you will enjoy one also.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #86

Registry
Thanks Tim for the heads up. I'll have a look. I think they might fit the bill for me.

Tags
battery