Electric 'on' indicator for Dometic refrigerator - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16'
Wisconsin
Electric 'on' indicator for Dometic refrigerator

I have found that my refrigerator in 2013 Scamp was turned on when I thought it was off. So for some time I was cooling an empty refrigerator with its door ajar.
In another situation it was not on when I thought it was on.
Has any of you wired an 'on' indicator light to show when it is really on, and only then?

Another indicator issue: How about an indicator showing the fullness of the fresh water tank?
Dsironi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
I did the same thing on my 79 Boler and it was on for a few days when I had it pluged into my garage to charge the battery.
One would have to have a low voltage light for the 12V system and another seperate high voltage light for the 120V system so 2 lights.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:43 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I installed a RED indicator "lamp" on the cabinet for my 3-way Dometic. I've ran my Scamp battery down TWICE by forgetting and leaving the fridge on when we arrived home after a camping trip. Now, we enter the Scamp, we clearly SEE the red light and I know the fridge is still on 12v!

Personally, I've never thought anything about the AC side. I DO place a digital wireless thermometer inside though. That's the "proof in the pudding".
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Here is a photo of the "on" indicator for my shower sump (same principle).
Also for the fresh water level we first made a door from a picture frame to look into the compartment without disturbing the bench or the bed... have since install "See-level" indicators for all tanks.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0058.JPG   scamp pictures 020.jpg  

DSCF0085.JPG  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
I set mine up so I can only run the refrigerator on 12vdc when hooked up to the tow vehicle with the running lights turned on. When we camp we use L.P. or A.C. to keep it cool.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator