Electrical switches - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #81

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I am assuming that since my 1978 Trillium has CSA approval, you could get CSA to inspect your trailer, and tell you if it meets code. I believe the applicable standard can be purchased at:
CAN/CSA-Z240 RV SERIES-08 (R2013) | Factory Built Buildings (Including Mobile Homes) | ShopCSA

UL documents are also available:
Scope for UL 234
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #82

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I am assuming that since my 1978 Trillium has CSA approval, you could get CSA to inspect your trailer, and tell you if it meets code. I believe the applicable standard can be purchased at:
CAN/CSA-Z240 RV SERIES-08 (R2013) | Factory Built Buildings (Including Mobile Homes) | ShopCSA
If CSA operates down here, that's an excellent suggestion, David!

That "seal of approval" would certainly convey the attention-to-detail thing Nest is trying to get across. And I think it would make the Nest the only U.S. fiberglass trailer that could be directly imported into Canada without a buyer having to jump through RIV program hoops. How great would THAT look in a brochure?

Here quoting from link:

Quote:
You can import a vehicle from the United States without registering it in the RIV program if ...............snip........................
The vehicle was originally manufactured and certified to meet Canadian safety standards.
I think this beats the heck out of my earlier similar suggestion re. RIVA certification/standards- there's only one province in Canada (Alberta) that accepts that instead of the CSA seal. Well, so far, at least....a couple of others have been considering the change.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #83

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Well, I know that FM will do inspections to CSA standards. This looks like cFM. I am fairly sure that I have also seen a cUL logo.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #84

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post

That "seal of approval" would certainly convey the attention-to-detail thing Nest is trying to get across. And I think it would make the Nest the only U.S. fiberglass trailer that could be directly imported into Canada without a buyer having to jump through RIV program hoops. How great would THAT look in a brochure?

Here quoting from link:

Quote:
You can import a vehicle from the United States without registering it in the RIV program if ...............snip........................
The vehicle was originally manufactured and certified to meet Canadian safety standards.

I think this beats the heck out of my earlier similar suggestion re. RIVA certification/standards- there's only one province in Canada (Alberta) that accepts that instead of the CSA seal. Well, so far, at least....a couple of others have been considering the change.
Francesca I suspect the above may be a bit of misinformation posted by an RV Center website. Best to stick with the actual Canadian Government RIV website for the list of actual exemptions to having to put the trailer through the RIV program. For most of us the rule is if its newer than 15 years it goes through the RIV program even if it was built in Canada to start with - just ask those who have purchased a used Bigfoot state side and brought it back to Canada. ;-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #85

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Robert,

Please see the new "Questions for Upstart Nest Caravans" thread that I started over on the "General Chat" forum. Your answers to my questions and any related insight will be appreciated. Thanks....

Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #86

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Here is the link
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ans-62397.html
Old 12-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #87

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post

Forgot to mention that on trailers the only things they check the trailer for during the RIV inspection is the locations of its outside lights and that they work and that the light lens has the correct DOT # on them & the serial numbers of the trailer match up with the paper work, not much more.... they check a few other items when it comes to importing cars, such as making sure it has day light running lights, seat belts and a rear bumper that meets Canadian standards (and no one has pulled it apart to install a custom hitch that was never meant to be on the car) etc. So if someone was to buy a trailer and put it through the RIV program in Canada assuming they would check all the wiring and propane install is correct they would be sadly disappointed. You dont get much for a $40 RIV inspection.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #88

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Switch Panels

This a mock up cut from mat board of a four gang switch panel that I designed for the new Oliver. It will be cut from a charcoal gray laminate and there will be about 40 or so plates ranging from an eight gang down to many one gang panels. A local trophy company is doing the work with their laser cutter. I found the switches from a company called Del-City and there are links to them in another earlier post. These switches are rated for 12 volts, have a long duty cycle and are water resistant.
Attached Thumbnails
photo.JPG  
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #89

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
That looks great, Steve. I like the laser cut labeling, nice touch.

I have bought switches myself for the trailer from Del-City. Got great service from them.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #90

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Hmmmmm. It seems to have quieted down a bit as of late. But anyway, here's my favorite conversation between two (fill in your choice of words) .

"Hallo, Pooh. Thank you for asking, but I shall be able to use it again in a day or two."
"Use what?" said Pooh."What we were talking about.""I wasn't talking about anything," said Pooh, looking puzzled."My mistake again. I thought you were saying how sorry you were about my tail, being all numb, and could you do anything to help?""No," said Pooh. "That wasn't me," he said. He thought for a little and then suggested helpfully: "Perhaps it was somebody else.""Well, thank him for me when you see him."

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical