Electrical switches - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #85
Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper, 2002 Highlander 3.0L, 1999 F250 7.3L Diesel

Please see the new "Questions for Upstart Nest Caravans" thread that I started over on the "General Chat" forum. Your answers to my questions and any related insight will be appreciated. Thanks....

War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #86
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Here is the link

Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #87
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
If CSA operates down here, that's an excellent suggestion, David!

That "seal of approval" would certainly convey the attention-to-detail thing Nest is trying to get across. And I think it would make the Nest the only U.S. fiberglass trailer that could be directly imported into Canada without a buyer having to jump through RIV program hoops. How great would THAT look in a brochure?
Forgot to mention that on trailers the only things they check the trailer for during the RIV inspection is the locations of its outside lights and that they work and that the light lens has the correct DOT # on them & the serial numbers of the trailer match up with the paper work, not much more.... they check a few other items when it comes to importing cars, such as making sure it has day light running lights, seat belts and a rear bumper that meets Canadian standards (and no one has pulled it apart to install a custom hitch that was never meant to be on the car) etc. So if someone was to buy a trailer and put it through the RIV program in Canada assuming they would check all the wiring and propane install is correct they would be sadly disappointed. You dont get much for a $40 RIV inspection.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #88
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Switch Panels

This a mock up cut from mat board of a four gang switch panel that I designed for the new Oliver. It will be cut from a charcoal gray laminate and there will be about 40 or so plates ranging from an eight gang down to many one gang panels. A local trophy company is doing the work with their laser cutter. I found the switches from a company called Del-City and there are links to them in another earlier post. These switches are rated for 12 volts, have a long duty cycle and are water resistant.
Attached Thumbnails
Steve and Tali - Dogs: Reacher and Lucy and our beloved Storm and Maggie (waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)
2008 Outlaw Oliver Legacy Elite & 2014 Outlaw Oliver Legacy Elite II
2014 GMC Sierra 6.2L Max Tow Pkg 4X4 Crew Cab
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #89
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
That looks great, Steve. I like the laser cut labeling, nice touch.

I have bought switches myself for the trailer from Del-City. Got great service from them.
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #90
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Hmmmmm. It seems to have quieted down a bit as of late. But anyway, here's my favorite conversation between two (fill in your choice of words) .

"Hallo, Pooh. Thank you for asking, but I shall be able to use it again in a day or two."
"Use what?" said Pooh."What we were talking about.""I wasn't talking about anything," said Pooh, looking puzzled."My mistake again. I thought you were saying how sorry you were about my tail, being all numb, and could you do anything to help?""No," said Pooh. "That wasn't me," he said. He thought for a little and then suggested helpfully: "Perhaps it was somebody else.""Well, thank him for me when you see him."

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote