Full-time battery read out display in Scamp - is this okay? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2017, 11:22 PM   #41

Name: Scott
Trailer: Escape
Washington
$60 is a screaming price on that controller, nice! Besides the MPPT functionality, the Blue Sky is one of the only controllers on the market that you can set charging voltages to correctly match battery manufacturer recommended voltages. Read the manual carefully to take full advantage of a very capable controller.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:44 AM   #42

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
meter

eric I find 12v weird to deal with I have hooked up many things I guess wrong but they keep working! 110v a whole different animal!

but I would not worry about hooking this think up and leaving it running! I did switch mine just because it makes too much light I do have a full shut off switch at the battery on our 13f scamper for when its parked in storage. All it is a single pole single throw toggle switch. I would say its rated for 15amps.

my 12v line has a 20amp fuse on it I don't think it will ever pull 10amps since I now have led lighting. It has been setup this way for 22 years by the way.

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:27 AM   #43

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Update:
I installed the controller (temporarily) to see if it works.

All good! Reading the manual that gordon2 linked has been VERY helpful.
Today I have to install two inline fuses on the "+" wires. Then I will figure out a spot for it to be installed. At this time I'm thinking it will fit nicely at the top of the closet, but am open to suggestions.
lisantica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:51 AM   #44

Name: Eric
Trailer: 1987 Casita 16
Illinois
Looks good. I think I'm jealous! I want to go solar as well, but will wait until I get all the rebuild stuff done first. I'm going to try to camp a few times and see how things work with the 12V system. Great job
EricAllyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, scamp