Fuse locations Scamp 5'er - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #1

Name: Andreas
Trailer: Scamp
California
Fuse locations Scamp 5'er

Hoping someone can give me some pointers on the following:

While leaving on a recent camping trip, I had a small accident. The accident causes a small hole in the underside of the trailer and a couple of wires to be cut. We still continued our trip though (we were only on our way our for a 4 day weekend). When we got to the campground, all the lights in the trailer still worked fine, so the wires that were cut during the accident were not the ones for the lights. The water still worked in the sink, but not in the bathroom (toilet flush or shower).

Once we returned home, I wanted to get busy fixing things. But the first thing I discovered was that there was no power at all to the trailer anymore when disconnected from the TV. Now like I said, there was power after the accident... there was still power when we were at the campground (and disconnected from the TV). I then discovered that the pump switch was left on (probably one of my kids played with it) so I figured maybe the battery got drained. I then plugged the trailer into the TV and a few select lights started working (the lights up by the sleeping area). The battery I had at that point was only 4 months old and had a warranty, so exchanged it for a brand new one to rule battery issues out. Now I have a new battery in it and still nothing works, no lights, no water pumps, nothing... completely dead. I double checked, the battery is hooked up correctly and the little fuse that is on the positive wire going from the battery to the inside the trailer is good.

Does anybody have any idea of what could be wrong here? Are there any other fuses to check somewhere else in the trailer?

Cheers!
dreschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #2

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
My Scamp has a fuse within the battery compartment on the positive wire near the battery terminal. Any fuses in the converter panel should have effected operation on the tow vehicle battery.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Do things work when plugged into 120 volt shore power?

Do you have a wiring diagram to help with troubleshooting? If not, find one here: http://scamp.n0kfb.org/manual/page15.gif

--Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp