Green energy - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2008, 07:34 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
Sounds like a good idea to me too. Great item to put in a storm shelter!!!! Or have on hand at home for any power out emergencies.

Little steep in price though. Figure that will come down by some place like Amazon or Overstock.com.

a side note to this.

Ive figured my Unimog pulling a lifted Egg Shell Scamp 5er will be about as wind resistant as brick house on wheels. Figured that just about any amount of added wind reisitance to the Mog would creat insigficant overall increase in energy demand on my veg oil powered diesel engine.

So with all that that in mind I thought I would put a Safari Roof rack on the Mog, and or Scamp with offroad lights on the outer edges and in the center of front or rear side of rack mount a squirl cage fan attached to motor for generating power.

Traveling created wind will be used to generate electricty for onboard nicad battery charger orrrr? Nicade battery bank used for LCD mini lights thru out the camper, Mog Tool boxes, Under vehicle night lights etc.

Under vehicle lights help illuminate the tundra your trying to cross. A real advantage for spotters guiding you along on rocky offroad paths at night. Obviously offroad speeds would not be fast enough to spin the squirl cage but driving on road on your way there could.

maybe???
Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #22

Trailer: 94 Casita 16 ft
Quote:
Sounds like a good idea to me too. Great item to put in a storm shelter!!!! Or have on hand at home for any power out emergencies.

Little steep in price though. Figure that will come down by some place like Amazon or Overstock.com.

a side note to this.

Ive figured my Unimog pulling a lifted Egg Shell Scamp 5er will be about as wind resistant as brick house on wheels. Figured that just about any amount of added wind reisitance to the Mog would creat insigficant overall increase in energy demand on my veg oil powered diesel engine.

So with all that that in mind I thought I would put a Safari Roof rack on the Mog, and or Scamp with offroad lights on the outer edges and in the center of front or rear side of rack mount a squirl cage fan attached to motor for generating power.

Traveling created wind will be used to generate electricty for onboard nicad battery charger orrrr? Nicade battery bank used for LCD mini lights thru out the camper, Mog Tool boxes, Under vehicle night lights etc.

Under vehicle lights help illuminate the tundra your trying to cross. A real advantage for spotters guiding you along on rocky offroad paths at night. Obviously offroad speeds would not be fast enough to spin the squirl cage but driving on road on your way there could.

maybe???

[HIJACK]You on the PBB? Just figured a Mog owner would be. [/HIJACK]

As for an honest response, the charging system on a Unimog would likely be sufficient to charge anything while underway, thus eliminating the need for wind power. Hell, you could likely stuff 3 or 4 batteries in that thing somewhere, and generate enough power for a month's use.
Paul from NWOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #23

Trailer: Boler 1984
Quote:
So I'm sensing the Weza is a NO?
Rob, at my age and with arthritis it's definitely not a go. But who am I to deny you your fun.
If you think it's sensible thing then go for it, and later tell us all that we made a BIG mistake.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #24

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Here is a combo! Best of both worlds, wind AND sun.

(OK, well it COULD be, for ants houses and stuff)

Attached Thumbnails
solio.JPG  
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar, solar power