Help with wiring to tail lights and side signals - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2018, 02:26 AM   #21

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillium-Pettis View Post
Thank you for all the help.
So I started going through with volt meter and after banging my head against the wall I found that our truck is not sending 12 volts to every wire.
The trucks 7 pin female connection interface has some minor corrosion.
It does not seem like it can be disassembled and cleaned :-(
I hope I can find the replacement part and not have to buy the whole harness .
The part is marked DELPHI PA68
and is original to the truck (2004 Chev Silverado)

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
You can try taking the pins out, clean off the corrosion and then reinsert them. They make a small tool for the task. There are videos on youtube from various people showing how to do it. This one might not be the best produced video out there but you will get the idea from it. Plus he shows doing it with some common items if you can get the official tool made for the job.

k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:06 PM   #22

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
you can buy plastic safe contact cleaner at most electrical suppliers, that would eliminate having to replace wiring.
However i don't think this is your problem
In the fuse box under the hood there are individual fuses for the signal and running lights, and for the charge wire. in my experience with chevy trucks, these fuses tend to be blown due to bad wiring on previous trailers (no offence intended if you've had the truck from new) I have even seen these fuses not in place. google the fuse block layout, and you should be able to find a drawing pinpointing the fuses

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 01:26 AM   #23

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trillium 5500
Oregon
7 pinout trailer wiring

Aux power is black
tail and running lights are green
reverse lights are yellow
right turn and brakes are brown
Left turn and brakes are red
ground is white
Electric brakes are blue

side lights are markers and get connected to running lights on the green wire.
tail light wiring will depend on the capacity of your tail light. Does it have a backup (clear lens) light? if so, there will be four wires, if you only have three, most likely the green is brakes and running lights, the black is turn signals, and the white is ground. The ground wire is often attached directly to the metal light base.
KellyPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 05:14 AM   #24

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Kelly, do you realize you are responding to a thread that the last post is almost 6 years old? By now, I would expect the original poster, or OP for short has resolved the problem.

Tags
light, lights, tail lights