Honda 2200 Generator Safety Recall Getting Done? - Fiberglass RV



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
ibupnorth's Avatar
 
Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD 17'
Michigan
Posts: 29
Exclamation Honda 2200 Generator Safety Recall Getting Done?

Anyone else still waiting for their Honda 2200 generator to have the safety recall performed? Sevice centers are losing face because parts are not coming in the quantity needed to do the number of repairs lining up. My local service center has missed the promised repair date because the parts just didn't arrive. Levi, the Honda Support Center Rep, could not tell me when my dealer can get the needed part. I would highly recommend looking at a different brand of generator if you are contemplating a small generator. I'm thinking no sense in spending big bucks for a Honda that must sit for months on a service center shelf when repairs are needed.

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/...8%20Poster.pdf
__________________

__________________

IBUPNORTH
ibupnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16 Standard Layout 6
Illinois
Posts: 29
I was unaware of the recall. Thanks for posting. Hope you get yours fixed soon. I'll have to check my serial number.
__________________

DLDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Posts: 373
I was at a Honda dealer today, they said all the new ones on the shelf had been certified as “safe”. I did not Ask about recall times because I do not have one.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: Ronald
Trailer: Boler 13' 1974
Ontario
Posts: 264
Registry
Honda recall

All of our Hondas at my dealership in Mississauga Ontario had the parts ordered in a changed in one week. O-ring/ fuel petcock issue.
Butsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:01 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
ibupnorth's Avatar
 
Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD 17'
Michigan
Posts: 29
I just feel that Honda has not handled this recall well. Maybe it's because of our small northern market that the dealer can't get parts. I don't know but the off-grid UP of Michigan camping I had planned six months ago has been shelved unless I purchase another generator or I go solar. I would be concerned with solar in the big woods and shorter daylight period in the spring. But since we're into May now, I might give solar a try.

For what it's worth, I found a Honda memo that said they should be able to ship enough repair parts to keep up with demand by the end of May. See below link.

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/...rts-letter.pdf
__________________

IBUPNORTH
ibupnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #6
Member
 
Name: skalywag
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
Posts: 32
Registry
I had no problem at all. I was notified by Honda via mail and called my LOCAL dealer (Not a big box) and they emailed me when I could bring it in for the warranty work. I was told it was a supplier to Honda that used incorrect grip length screws to attach the petcock assy and it may pose a leaking issue. It took all of 30 minutes to do the change.
I do buisiness with my locally owned and family run shops for this very reason - I want them to be there when I need them.
Cheers
skalywag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:17 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
ibupnorth's Avatar
 
Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD 17'
Michigan
Posts: 29
The closest authorized repair site near me is a John Deere dealer that happens to also sell Honda generators. As much as I like to keep my business local, if I don't hear anything next week I will call some of the larger service centers downstate to see if they have the parts. Response from some of the Facebook RV websites I mentioned this on are running about 60% repaired while the remainder wait like me.

Well, no sense fretting about Honda generators. I'm going to look at a solar solution so this situation won't happen again.
__________________

IBUPNORTH
ibupnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #8
Member
 
Name: Bob & Jackie
Trailer: 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
California
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibupnorth View Post
Anyone else still waiting for their Honda 2200 generator to have the safety recall performed? Sevice centers are losing face because parts are not coming in the quantity needed to do the number of repairs lining up. My local service center has missed the promised repair date because the parts just didn't arrive. Levi, the Honda Support Center Rep, could not tell me when my dealer can get the needed part. I would highly recommend looking at a different brand of generator if you are contemplating a small generator. I'm thinking no sense in spending big bucks for a Honda that must sit for months on a service center shelf when repairs are needed.

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/...8%20Poster.pdf
Hi Jeff,
Is the Honda 2200 the right size generator to use for air conditioner on Casita?
Bob
Bob & Jackie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:18 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Name: Robert
Trailer: Currently looking
Washington
Posts: 16
FWIW, consider this an opportunity to justify converting your generator to propane. I converted my Honda 2000 propane and provided a quick disconnect to my Casita’s system. No fuel can to carry, no gummy carburetor, greatly reduced carbon monoxide risk, and since, in my experience, the two propane tanks on my Casita lasted a long, long time it just made sense to start using that propane. All went well until the 85 yr old drunk pulled out in front of me and totaled my 6 month old Santa Fe and my Casita��. I still use the generator for home power outages.
RockyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Name: Joe
Trailer: inTech Sol
Wisconsin
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBob View Post
FWIW, consider this an opportunity to justify converting your generator to propane. I converted my Honda 2000 propane and provided a quick disconnect to my Casita’s system. No fuel can to carry, no gummy carburetor, greatly reduced carbon monoxide risk, and since, in my experience, the two propane tanks on my Casita lasted a long, long time it just made sense to start using that propane. All went well until the 85 yr old drunk pulled out in front of me and totaled my 6 month old Santa Fe and my Casita��. I still use the generator for home power outages.
Was the conversion hard? I watched the YouTube video And it looked more complicated than I might want to try, especially the hole drilling. Is that bit attachment included in the propane conversion kit or do you need to purchase that separately?
LawlessFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:27 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Name: Robert
Trailer: Currently looking
Washington
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlessFly View Post
Did you do the conversion, any issues? I watched the video on YouTube and it seemed a little more than I might want to attempt, especially drilling the holes. Looked like you needed a special drill attachment.
Actually I bought a setup from someone who’d already converted a generator. I received a generator side panel with stuff attached and as I recall I just had to swap out the carburetor and attach some hoses.
Looking at it now, the 3 holes drilled into the red cover for a hose and two fasteners wouldn’t be difficult and swapping the carburetor was fairly easy. I wonder if you’re looking at a different conversion than mine. I’ve got pictures of your interested
RockyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Name: Joe
Trailer: inTech Sol
Wisconsin
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBob View Post
Actually I bought a setup from someone who’d already converted a generator. I received a generator side panel with stuff attached and as I recall I just had to swap out the carburetor and attach some hoses.
Looking at it now, the 3 holes drilled into the red cover for a hose and two fasteners wouldn’t be difficult and swapping the carburetor was fairly easy. I wonder if you’re looking at a different conversion than mine. I’ve got pictures of your interested
https://youtu.be/Ewb-f_ZUL9k

Looks like with the Honda 2200 there is just two holes with this kit. It has a quick connect which is nice. Amazon sells the kit which is approximately $250 for the 2200i which I have. Sounds like you have the 2000i which is a different setup. Expensive but would really be nice since it’s easily switched from propane to gas. The 2200 has a different shut off so you can run the gas out of the carb.
__________________

LawlessFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
generator


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Generator Recall daver Electrical | Charging, Systems, Solar and Generators 0 04-20-2019 10:32 AM
scamp safety chain safety WDavidG Towing, Hitching, Axles and Running Gear 19 10-16-2018 05:23 PM
My Reno Is Done! (well, 98% done.) BigEast General Chat 5 08-25-2013 11:12 PM
SAFETY Recall of Metal Tire Valve Stems bobinyelm General Chat 2 09-11-2009 06:53 PM
Safety Recall Ted Tuchsen General Chat 3 09-16-2007 03:56 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.