Inverter recommendations - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-02-2016, 06:34 PM   #15
Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
I ended up with a power tech-on 1000 watt PSW with 2k watts surge. Came with a remote too. It was on sale for $160 and while I doubt it is as good as some of the premium brands it should work at least for the time being.

I also bought a two pack of 150 amp DC fuse and fuse block. Which brings me to my question. Is there any reason to not install one of the fuse blocks on the ground side of the 12 volt?

This would allow for a disconnect point inside the camper in case I needed to replace a part or the inverter. Inverter wired to fuse blocks under couch, fuse blocks wired to battery on tongue. Have one for the positive anyway so wondered why not negative too?

Under front couch storage compartment installation so I would also gain from using finer stranded more flexible wire from fuse block to inverter in that enclosed space. Heavier wire and fewer strand wire from fuse block to battery running through wall or floor.

RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #16
Name: Joe
Trailer: 1999 Casita 17' SD
There's also a DC to DC converters. Here's one that supplies up to 118.5 volts DC that I'm guessing will work for 19 volts.
High Reliability Auto to Laptop DC/DC Converter for all computer models

Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:28 PM   #17
Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: Boler 1978 17' 4" Earlton Ont Model
We have killed the car battery in the past so will only use the trailer battery with the inverter. Got lucky last time as when you put the parking break on the auto lights do not come on in the dark and was just enough to still start but it was a close call.

We have a m31 gel cell battery like the agm but can be placed on side even upside down. Plus the unit can be charged inside unlike most agm batterys. Down side is the $675 cost and weight is 61 lbs.

1978 Ontario made Boler
Borden is offline   Reply With Quote