MagneTek Power Converter 6325 Not Working - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #1

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen
MagneTek Power Converter 6325 Not Working

This was standard equipment in our Bonair Oxygen.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be charging the battery, which is now only showing 10 volts, whether plugged in to 110 or not.

I have done some basic checks but have no quick solutions yet. Any suggestions on a repair, modification, or an upgrade would be appreciated.

- Kirby
Rhea and Kirby Coolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
First remove the battery and using a conventional charger to verify the battery's condition.

There's a fuse inside the unit in the lower left and if it's blown the battery won't be charged.
If your unable to find the manual in the document section I can send a pdf of the information for the 63xx series convertors. Drop me an email and I'll send it along.

J
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: Bonair
Ontario
Registry
Did you find a solution? I own a Bonair Oxygen too and recently I noticed our Magnetek 6325 is not charging the battery.

I found these solutions:

PD4635 35 Amp Converter Upgrade Section

and

this step by step: Converting the MagneTek 6325 Charger/Converter to the

using this product: Inteli-Power PD9160A

with the Charge Wizard.

I am curious to know if you selected either of these or found another solution. I am hesitant to replace a 25 AMP converter with a higher power converter.
grimjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
A "Higher Power" converter only means that it can support more DC accessories if desired. At that, at full power, a 60 amp converter will draw less than 3.5 amps more than the 25 amp converter on the ac shore power line. With your existing loads it will draw only a minimal amount, maybe an extra .1 amps.

BTW: I am very partial to the Progressive Dynamics line and recommend that entire MagnaTek units be replaced with a Progressive Dynamics PD-4045 power center.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
I have the same problem and was going to repair it but decided on upgrading. I found the info on the original. Megatek repair

If you decide on repair , I can sell you the resistor you will probably need( I bought 2 for mine but never used them.
Attached Images

Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I gave up on converters after my second one went bad less than a year after being installed. I hard wired a battery charger in as an alternative. See http://scamp.n0kfb.org/ and click on modifications and repairs.

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #7

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Somehow, at least "I" think, that a BonAir without a complete & modern electrical system w/converter would be like unguilding the lilly.... and would certainly have a negative effect on it's resale value.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #8

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen
Sorry for the delayed reply. It turned out that our battery itself was the problem. Replaced it and all was fine. Now we are anxious for May and a return to camping.
Rhea and Kirby Coolen is offline   Reply With Quote