My 12 volt coffee solution - tested and works - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2021, 03:40 PM   #41

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I am a savage. I like instant coffee, hot or cold, preferably with milk, or not.

Get you pitchforks!
I prefer instant coffee too. Hot with milk. But only the single brand - Taster's choice house blend. Also sold as Nescafe Macamba in Europe.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:54 PM   #42

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I have a percolator I've used on a stove top when camping since 1982. Still works fine.....
My family percolator, 1960 vintage Revere Ware, is still working just fine.

We all camped back in the 1960s. I'm the only one that has camped since then.

A quick glance of Ebay, wow, I need to take good care of this one!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #43

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
A Keurig coffee maker? Never had good coffee from one of those Keurig machines. Am still waiting for Bunn to make a coffee maker for my RV! To each their own.
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 07:27 AM   #44

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmm View Post
A Keurig coffee maker? Never had good coffee from one of those Keurig machines. Am still waiting for Bunn to make a coffee maker for my RV! To each their own.
Me neither. Not terrible, but nothing like a fresh ground cup extracted many great ways.

A funny not is that when finishing up a kitchen remodel for a customer, they came in with a few cases of Keurig pods they bought on sale. It more than filled one lower cabinet, whereas I could put the equivalent amount of beans in a drawer. Besides, letting ground coffee still only makes the taste diminish with time, and the brightness and freshness of the cup be poor.

My name is Jim and I am happily a coffee snob.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:19 AM   #45

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
My name is Jim and I am happily a coffee snob.
Sounds like a Coffeehics Annonymous meeting…….
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 11:34 AM   #46

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Sounds like a Coffeehics Annonymous meeting…….
Hi, My name is John and....

yeah yeah.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:10 PM   #47

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Stove top percolator with a glass sight glass is only way to go. Works on camper stove, works on Coleman stove, works on hot plate, works on campfire I get my money's worth from my 14 cup stainless steel one. I have a smaller 12 cup one retired.

I picked up a couple of 4 cup 12 volt or 110 percolators in a travel case with cups and place for cream & sugar containers. Which we don't use. Cream and sugar is for oatmeal not coffee.

I love my 6 cup Faberware electric percolator but it seems a bit overboard with the stove top pot and electric one in a case. Wife likes the ease of plugging in that little electric pot and rapidly having coffee. I like the big slow stovetop percolator because good coffee (eventually) and 14 cups. Fill the thermos and the travel mug and still have a bit left.

Malita makes a pour through that just uses boiling water. Makes good coffee it is what I use at work to fill insulated mug that gets me through the afternoon at the office. Available in stainless steel for a price. I would have trouble traveling with the glass version.

Best tasting coffee I have had is from a French press. If the larger metal ones were not so bloody expensive and I was starting out without dedicated coffee equipment I would really consider one of those. I have a small one but want to avoid the public spectacle of wife and myself locked in mortal combat for the first cup in the morning from the little one cup model.

Most times I would rather drink strong tea than instant coffee. However some of the more recent instant offerings are not as bad as I recall from the past. Hmmm that was a while back, seems to me I was backpacking and that was a long long time ago. Well not that long in a geologic perspective. As I recall Tea bags always won over container of instant for packing and camping back then.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:19 PM   #48

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Have breakfast to load the cannon, cup of joe to light the fuse and head for the turlet! Doesn't matter what kind of coffee it is as long as it isn't instant!
Old 10-12-2021, 02:37 PM   #49

Name: Kieran
Trailer: Currently Shopping
New York
Pretty nice, John.
Araliane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:08 PM   #50

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
My family percolator, 1960 vintage Revere Ware, is still working just fine.

We all camped back in the 1960s. I'm the only one that has camped since then.

A quick glance of Ebay, wow, I need to take good care of this one!
I still have my parents 6 cup Revere Ware percolator from 1949. A few years ago I found an 8 cup model in new condition at an estate sale. It lives in the trailer and if I don't want to perk a pot, I use it to heat water for the Aero Press. Last year I started using a small Mr Coffee electric. It is so easy, but delicate. I just thought it was so cool to have enough solar and battery to make electric coffee. And on cold days, it would sit at the dinette and stay warm for an hour. One advantage of the Aero Press over the percolator, besides the quality of the coffee, is the water used for cleanup. The Aero Press uses little if any water to clean, whereas the percolator, not so much.