New 13 Scamp -- ordering lights and electical outlets - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #1

Name: Joe
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
New 13 Scamp -- ordering lights and electical outlets

Hi,
I am about to order a 13 foot Scamp with the bunk option. I can't tell from the online material where the standard outlets and lights are and where I should place them. A couple questions:

1. Where are the outlets and lights standard placement?
2. Where would you suggest adding optional lights and outlets?
3. And if adding any, would you do 12v or 110 for outlets.

Thanks Joe
joeburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Joe, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here

There are lots of kind and helpful people here on the forums. I'm sure one or two or bunches will be along shortly.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #3

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
I don't know about the 13ers but
My 16 ft Deluxe came with 4 120 outlet boxs. I added 3 12V outlets myself I could-should have order them. Go for LED lighting if available less heat generated, use less electric and don't burn out . Try to have a 120 outlet just for a electric heater if your going to be in cooler weather conditions with power. It will save a lot of propane and noise. One outlet is used for microwave and weather radio, 2nd refrigerator and waterheater leaving 2 open for phone, computer, tv and DVD player. I use 12v outlets for fan (s) and/ or can charge phone.
FYI
I've been FT in mine 2 3/4 years.
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #4

Name: Joe
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Thanks for the advice. Ordered my scamp the other day. Got extra 120 and 12 v outlets and installed reading lights on both ends.
joeburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
I'd suggest 2 extra lights on the underside of the cabinet - right above the sink and right above the stove top. I love having lots of light when doing dishes or cooking - esp. at night or on a very cloudy darker day. The flourescent light they have there only works if you have AC whereas the extra lights work fine off the battery.

I had them install 2 extra AC outlets - one nearest the rear wall as high as possible in the bench - same side as the inverter. That way if you have a laptop or something you don't have to string the AC cord back over to the only outlet near the sink - makes it easier to get in and out of the table. You just reach down by your knee and plug it in.

I also use that outlet when I add the small 5000 btu window AC every once in a great awhile to the rear sliding window (again - you don't need to run a cord across the table or bed then and trip up in the middle of the night getting up to the bathroom.

Suggest you upgrade the battery to a group 27 size right away; default is 24 from factory - fits in the same battery box no problem.

I had them skip rivet mounting the stinky slinky tube on the front of the trailer. I didn't like the look and it yellows rapidly anyway. I simply store the tube inside a charcoal bricket bin - or you could add a holder on the back bumper.

Enjoy the new camper! Picking it up in October up at the factory is beautful. There is a nice CCC camp ground about 20 minutes south of the factory that we spent the first night at for a shake down so we could return quickly if needed the next morning.
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
I bought these LED replacement bulbs for all the interior lights - the warm white color option.

194 LED Bulb - 10 SMD LED Wedge Base | Boat/RV/Other Miniature Wedge Base Bulbs | Boat/RV/Other LED Replacement Bulbs | Boat, RV, and Other Lighting | Super Bright LEDs
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, scamp