No power from battery in Bigfoot 25b25fb - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #1

Name: Randy
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
No power from battery in Bigfoot 25b25fb

Lost 12 volt power from the battery looked for but canít find a breaker or fuse anywhere
Tested a live wire from battery to incoming wire to the selanoid and everything works fine.
Any knows the location of the fuse or circuit breaker in a 2009 Bigfoot 25b25fb?
Thanks
Randy

Ranmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:38 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranmon View Post
Lost 12 volt power from the battery looked for but can’t find a breaker or fuse anywhere
Tested a live wire from battery to incoming wire to the selanoid and everything works fine.
Any knows the location of the fuse or circuit breaker in a 2009 Bigfoot 25b25fb?
Thanks
Randy
there's a master breaker usually right next to the battery compartment, follow the + wire from the battery (I think its red on bigfoots?).

then on the other side of the master breaker, the wire either goes to the power converter input, or it goes to a battery disconnect switch and then to the power converter.

the power converter, if its anything like the couple I've seen, the top half of the door opens when you turn the plastic latch 90 degrees, then give the top of the door a little tug.

behind this door, should be both the AC circuit breakers, and the DC fuses. there's often a couple master fuses, maybe like 30A, which aren't part of the output circuits.

this is the original fuse panel on my Casita, the two green 30A fuses above are the masters, while the various blue and red ones are for the individual circuits, attached to the screws below...

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:17 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4
California
ah, and here's the ENTIRE power panel on my Escape 21', which is a much nicer panel than the Casita came wth... this shows the power converter on the bottom, neutral and ground bar on the upper left, the A/C circuit breakers in the upper middle, and the fuse panel to the upper right....

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:14 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
power

first of all check to make sure you have power from your battery your source

check all fuses you may have blown one

is there a main breaker check it

sounds like your convertor may have blown

you may have to get a skilled person involved

good luck

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:57 AM   #5

Name: mike
Trailer: BIGFOOT
California
My Bigfoot has a battery disconnect switch near the door. It is in a place that could be very easy to accidently switch it off with a knee.
Mike Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #6

Alberta
Power

Your help is appreciated
This all started when someone pulled the emergency brake line while my Bigfoot was parked draining the battery which I replaced.
After that I had no power to the battery disconnect solenoid.
I ran a wire to test the voltage from the battery to the disconnect solenoid and it worked... power back .
I also check continuity on the red 6 ga wire between the battery and the solenoid......no luck, so Iím thinking breaker or fuse.
I just canít find it
Any help finding would be great
Thanks
Old 04-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #7

Name: Wayne & Barbara
Trailer: Parkliner
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranmon View Post
Lost 12 volt power from the battery looked for but canít find a breaker or fuse anywhere
Thanks
Randy
I think the word is "Solenoid"
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #8

Alberta
Power

I phone Bigfoot and they told me the breaker was inside the front pass through and there it was!
Now Iím back in business
Thanks to all those that replied
Take care
Randy

Tags
battery, bigfoot